I C E campaign from East Anglian ambulance service

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
I did search but found nothing on the subject, An email i received a few months back that i think is a superb idea. As pretty much everyone has a mobile phone and the potentially dangerous situations bushcrafters may find themselves in, It may help save your life one day.

East Anglian Ambulance Service have launched a national
"In case of Emergency (ICE)" campaign with the support of Falklands war hero Simon Weston and in association with Vodafone's annual life savers award.
The idea is that you store the word "ICE" in your mobile phone address
book, and against it enter the number of the person you would want to be
contacted
"In Case of Emergency".
In an emergency situation ambulance and hospital staff will then be able to quickly find out who your next of kin are and be able to contact them.
It's so simple - everyone can do it. Please do. Please will you also
forward this to everybody in your address book, it won't take too many forwards' before everybody will know about this. It really could save your life. I think this is well worth doing and might just make life simpler for the poor overstretched emergency services that have to deal with these
events, sadly.

Anne Carter
more info:
http://www.vodafone.com/article_wit...LANGUAGE_ID%3D0%26CONTENT_ID%3D257097,00.html

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
We have been using this system in s.wales for quite some time now. I thought it was common knowledge but after speaking to a few people it seems it isnt. Its so simple and could save your life. USE IT !!

I make sure all my students know about keeping an ICE number in their phones right at the begining of the courses when we go through mountain safety.... just incase anything happens and a next of kin needs to be contacted.

Ed

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
yes ed i'm surprised that there wasnt a huge campaign about it, it just seemed to fizzle out
and didnt even really appear in the national news AFAIK, I vote sticky but you may want to rewrite it to make it clearer.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
There is a standard file format for storing address data which in theory works across all computer platforms and mobile devices, the .vcf or vcard file format.

I know that there are discussions ongoing about adding functionality to a future version of this file format to accommodate an address file which would list as the users 'ICE' data.

It's worth mentioning that it's best to enter the letters 'ICE' as a company or organisation name and leave the first and surname blank, this ensures that your ICE entry is listed alphabetically.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE