I apologize to everyone on this forum.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

smokyjoe

Tenderfoot
Jun 16, 2012
london
I feel I need to explain, I've been through a break up recently and my stupid ex-girlfriend still had a key to my flat and she got in and took my iphone while I was at the pub last night, it's typical the one time I leave my phone at home is the time the ex gets it.

Anyway she was making some random comments on other people's treads using my login, taking credit for their work or insulting them completely. She also started a thread that was insulting to bushcrafters.

I would like to say that I am very sorry if any one was offended or confused by this. I really like the people on this forum and I hope people don't hold this against me as I assure you this will not happen again.

I would also like to give my biggest apologies to gabrielsdad, Dave budd, johnC, monkey boy, hunters forge, Stuartf, fish fish, Toadflax, jog009.
Who all have had comments made on their thread by that insane women.
If I have missed anyone out please also except my apologies as I am very embarrassed by all this.

Thanks for your time eceryone

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I think everyone ' enjoyed' the thread mate, it raised a few smiles, don't worry about it.

Indeed. Dont worry bout it SJ.

[Sew prawns into the hems of her curtains. She'll never locate the smell and it'll drive her mad.]

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
It was fairly clear what had happened I don't think anyone will take offence. Hope you got you phone back.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I don't know you, I've only met about 5 of the folks on here once. But people seemed to realise it wasn't you posting, and personally I quite enjoyed the insulting to bushcrafters thread...

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
No worries figured someone must have jacked your account, turned into quite an amusing thread in the end

mrcharly

Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Well I'm offended.

(because I missed the thread and it sounds like it turned into a right laugh)

Hope things improve for you mate. When relationships go sour, things can get very painful.

resnikov

I really enjoyed the thread, so thank you for bringing humour. Corney but a day without laughter is a day wasted.

Big respect to you as we for aplogizing, if it was me think I would have just slunked of tried to forget about it.

Maybe we need a thread about what is the best insult you have had about bushcrafting?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The topic came up in the Mods; the balance of opinion was that either someone else was using your access to the site, or you had really tied on one and come morning your hangover would be suitable revenge :)

Thank you for having the courage to explain and apologise; once folks drew a quiet breath they just had fun with it :)

Break ups hurt; I hope your hurt heals well.

Kind regards,
Mary

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Indeed. Dont worry bout it SJ.

[Sew prawns into the hems of her curtains. She'll never locate the smell and it'll drive her mad.]

Now that's just mean

(Kippers behind the radiator and milk under the armchair works well too :))

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I was confused :bluThinki but that is my usual state anyway.
In the end it proved to be fairly entertaining trying to find the latest comment.
I hope you have now reclaimed your iPhone.A good security tip to disable the spellchecker though ; I'd never have thought of that!
Hopefully it will end well and you will be able to laugh as much as we all did when you think about this incident.
Cheers , Simon

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
This kind of thing happens all the time on forums and especially on Facebook. The hackers are never that subtle though and it usually as in this case cause amusement rather than anger.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE