hunting for a drawknife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Baggy

Settler
Oct 22, 2009
Essex, UK
www.markbaigent.co.uk
Hi all

I am on the hunt for a good (very good) used drawknife, sorby, Issac Greave or other recommendations?

Can anyone recommend a reliable (UK) supplier please?

I did want a new Ben Orford but they are beyond my price range, sadly :-(

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I make them too ;) they are a little cheaper than Ben's but not by much, mind you I think mine are better :p

you do get what you pay for and its worth trying a tool out. Drawknives can be very different between makers and some are horrible to use while others are a delight. Its down to angles and personal prefernces

paul atkin

Forager
Dec 15, 2010
york
paulatkin.co.uk
Hi Mark i have one here that i bought 15 yrs ago second hand and have never found a use for it, its an old one but in good condition and sharp, i payed 25 for it, yours for 20 if you want it phone me

Baggy

Settler
Oct 22, 2009
Essex, UK
www.markbaigent.co.uk
Hi Dave

I am sure there will come a day when I can afford a new one and you would be very high on my list.

The the "try first" makes sense but getting to where they are often so far away the fuel costs is more that the tool!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE