Hunter Shot Dead by Hunters

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
The bloke was disguised as a goat though. Its one thing to wear camo and another to dress as a hunted animal. It is unfortunate, but the other hunters shot at a goat. Which turned out to be a bloke in a goat suit, it was always going to happen at some point.

Why did they show a pic of an air rifle though? That will cause unsuspecting Joe public to believe that an air rifle is a real rifle. when they are diffenent in appearance.?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Why did they show a pic of an air rifle though? That will cause unsuspecting Joe public to believe that an air rifle is a real rifle. when they are diffenent in appearance.?

I did wonder that as well.

Maybe the guy who chose the picture just didn't know any difference.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I did wonder that as well.

Maybe the guy who chose the picture just didn't know any difference.

Possibly, just as likely to be deliberate. Lots of Air rifles have an air cylinder underneath, anyone who knows anything about firearms would be aware of it. Yet when they put a pic like that up next to an article like this......... joe public is just going to believe that the cylinder identifies it as a full bore rifle. Police get rung, hassle for innocent shooter more pressure on the shooting community etc etc etc

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Cleverly the hi-vis used is not visible to a lot of game....!
(The pattern is but not the reflecting component)

Must have either been damn fine camo :eek: or highly inexperienced stalkers :rolleyes: ....or a bit of both.... :deadhorse:

Tom

He was disguised as a goat with a real goatskin on. That aint even camo thats imitation.

Camo = difficult to see

Imitation = not identifiable as a threat

two totally different principles. The papers cant even get it right

Apac

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2007
Hull, uk
didn't know daystate ph6 was powerful enough to kill a goat never mind a man dressed as one lol, people who can mistake a man shaped goat for a goat shaped goat shouldn't have the rite to shoot!:lmao:

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
didn't know daystate ph6 was powerful enough to kill a goat never mind a man dressed as one lol, people who can mistake a man shaped goat for a goat shaped goat shouldn't have the rite to shoot!:lmao:

The article specified next to nothing. In dense undergrowth, or even just with an inconveniently placed hedge, it would be startlingly easy. It was idiotic of the guy to dress up like a goat.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
was it one of those comical film moments where the chap hears "Hey there's one" whilst he's rooting through the undergrowth pops his head up Horns included and it closes to the sound of shotguns?
if i went like that i'd go screaming with laughter into the next life for my own stupidity...

definite darwin award material

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
You don't even need to use cammo anyway. Most animals see in black and white so a Hawaiian shirt would still look the same to them.

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
I dunno quite what to make of this unfortunate incident...certainly its sad that it happened at all.

But,ref cammo and BW vision and all the other factual and humourous comments; put me in mind of the great after dinner speaker, "Blaster" Bates.

He once commented on a trip to the States, where, in the hunting season, he noticed the legend "COW" , (in dayglo orange) painted on the sides of cattle.

Makes you wonder.

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
I hear some hunting suppliers in America are now carrying a new range of hunter clothing.

Beaver_Costume.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE