hunter Class

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Well I spoke to quicks,and they were very helpful, I just read them the description off Daves letter. And said they were for Field target use, as a high proportion get lost or broken we were asked to supply our own. The only querie he had was length, they come in a 30" max lengthive got long arms and specified 29" ( picture knuckles draging on the floor as i walk... :naughty: )Dave quotes a draw weight of 35- 40 llbs
Did forget to order the extra points though....better PM Rob

I asked Dave about the Glove, as i have only ever used tabs and get on fine with them.
He said thats ok, its just easier with a glove for "hunting". As a piece of kit I am unlikely to use very often, if atall, i skipped this one. Dave has Tabs available if you want to borrow one.

Hope that helps

Rich

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
One thing that I would add to the list is a couple of small plastic bags - for use if it rains. You can put these over the fletchings of the arrows you are not shooting to keep them dry.

Get yourself down the supermarket and aquire some off the fruit and veg section. (if you want to do this in a "green" manner and without buying anything, just look in the trolley park for the ones that get left behind).

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
Does anyone know if there are any spaces left on this course? I tried getting hold of the guys last week, but got no reply to either my email or my voicemail. I'm just back from a 4-day camp so haven't had the chance to call them again yet... :(

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
Hiya Folks.

Due to the discovery two nights ago that my car is in need of some rather serious and expensive servicing and repairs, I'm afraid I'm going to have to drop out of the course (Which could be good news for outdoorgirl...). I'm doing really well at making and keeping committments on here and feel quite bad about this. Apologies to all involved.

Womble

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Mate, you're in Aldershot!! No other way of getting there, get someone else to come on the course as well so you can have a lift! :biggthump

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Womble said:
Hiya Folks.

Due to the discovery two nights ago that my car is in need of some rather serious and expensive servicing and repairs, I'm afraid I'm going to have to drop out of the course (Which could be good news for outdoorgirl...). I'm doing really well at making and keeping committments on here and feel quite bad about this. Apologies to all involved.

Womble

If it helps and you can get to Didcot train station I'm going past there on my way. Or Reading train station isn't far - I'm sure one of us will be coming from that direction...

Or are you going to be fixing the car at the weekend?

Cheers

Mark

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Oooooooh my arrows have arrived !!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
Now iam getting excited :eek:):

DG said that someone else had dropped out, So I expect that there is a place available Ooutdoor Girl if your interested.

Womble - Aldershot aint far, and there might be someone passing by. Otherwise I'm sure we can arrange a pickup from the Station or I can swing by and pickyou up if neccesary.
Would be great to meet you.

Cheers
Rich

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
Just another quick bit of info for those of you who are thinking of placing your order with quicks. They are very busy at present, so probably wont be able to despatch your order until the middle of next week.

I spoke to the guys in the shop and explained how they may well end up with new customers if they play ball. So they are aware of the situation.

Cheers, and see you all there :)

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
Have just got back in to find a message from Dave on my answerphone, and there are spaces, so my partner and I are sorted! Very much looking forward to it now, just need to call him back and confirm...

(Must go back through this thread and look at that 'special kit' list again...) :)

See you there, if you're going!
:biggthump

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
Speaking of 'shopping lists'... I managed to get mine done at the weekend with a quick trip over the bridge to Wales Archery for extra points and fletching glue (mine having gone hard over the winter last year)...

My partner's shopping list, however, seems to vary somewhat from mine... Being much more food-oriented, he asked if it would be OK if he brought some snails and local wild garlic to cook up?! :shock: (He has done this before, although he had to eat them by himself, as I wouldn't touch them!)

DG: would this be OK? (Even if he has to eat them himself?)

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
C_Claycomb said:
So, the important question is...
How is Buckshot's shopping list coming on :lol:

Well Chris it's like this.... :wink:

I didn't want to get anything too early or it would go off before the weekend. The weather is still quite warm so I didn't want to risk it.

I've got Thursday pm off work to try to get some feathered things and one or two small mammals, I'm planning on missing Ray to go lamping as well.
Then Friday early I'll try to get a larger mammal and take it straight to the camp. We might have liver and kidney for breakfast :shock:
No guarantees though :nono:

That's the plan, but as they say in the army 'No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy' :naughty:

We'll see

Cheers

Mark

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Don't worry Rob. I went and tried to find some good stuff on the internet :banghead: Ended up buying 250 canes, reckonned that I would have to cull through them and that about a quarter would be suitable.

When they arrived I found them to be far more consistent in size than the ones sold in garden centres.......they were all consistently too small! :yikes:

Went to the local Hillier's and got 50 8' canes, all about the right diameter. :roll:

Mark, as long as you manage the "larger mammal" everything will be great :biggthump Smaller stuff is pretty easy to work out, but the chance to work with something bigger is pretty rare for most people.

Hope this doesn't jinx things...but, has anyone put in a claim for the lower leg sinew?

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
I have some 6 foot canes, hopefully enough to do the business, but was mildly annoyed by my local garden centre who only sells them in bundles of assorted diameters. I may have to get another couple of bundles just to be on the safe side. If I do, should I get some ones longer than 6'?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE