Hultafors Overstrike Guard Wanted

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
Nice job. I reckon, if you trim the 2 edges back to just behind the holes, you should be able to salvage that one. After all, the lacing on the back will hold it tight and doesn't get hit. That way the rest of the leather can be saved for your next axe :rolleyes:.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Onelifeoverland
Version 2 completed today. This time with an attempt at a pattern and a different lacing method.

Took the holes away on one side only because I thought taking them away on both sides would leave the back exposed, but what if wanted to use it is a hammer.

070d65180e3a9f91bed94d6b7ceae196.jpg
18ce756edd9e3e9051848ec0d8ee3438.jpg
1a00be7f4e86aa3bfd3aaaaa404ae551.jpg


OLO
www.onelifeoverland.com
 
First thing I ever made in leather for mine, I used 2mm paracord for the lacing, put the leather on wet to get stretch and when it dried it shrunk and is nice and tight.

IMG_20200730_184043_1.jpg
 
  • Like
Reactions: UKAndyB

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE