Hultafors Knife Kydex Sheath - My 'not losing this one' knife/sheath combo!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TobyH

Forager
Apr 4, 2006
Deepest, Darkest Suffolk
Bought a couple of these for a very reasonable price but the sheaths aren't up to much so decided to make a simple but very visible sheath to go with the very visible knife.

I had a go at a machete sheath previously and thought (despite saying I'd do a leather one!) that I'd make another kydex one, sorry!

Here's some pics:

Kydex3.jpg

Kydex2.jpg

Kydex1.jpg

I've got an orange belt loop as well and they can be swapped left or right handed.

Its mounts side on rather than vertically so its less obstructive to my *cough* 'slim' waist.

Knife clips in lovelly and isn't going anywhere once its in place, using the thumb to remove the knife from the sheath works very well.

As I've got a bit more of the orange and another of the same knives I'm going to make another one but with a vertical mounting belt loop, will see how that works.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
i'm not a huge fan of kydex, but i really like that sheath, it suits the knife perfectly. nice work

stuart

TobyH

Forager
Apr 4, 2006
Deepest, Darkest Suffolk
yeah there's a couple of people not in the kydex fan club, I much prefer leather to kydex, but it does have its uses.

For me its always about function over form and for this particular knife, which is going to be used for general wear and tear, kydex suits better than leather.

I have to admit though having done a couple now that because its so quick and easy I can understand why people use it. Another feature I like is that once the knife is in, its pretty much locked in, and won't drop out.
With leather even if its water moulded it still lossens after a while and needs re-moulding, not a major issue but I would hate to lose my Ben Orford knife because it dropped out somewhere!

I've not done an awful lot of leather work, just bits and pieces, so I'm a little nervous about making sheaths. Though I still plan on making a leather sheath for one of my machetes which should be interesting!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE