Hultafors Classic Hunting Axe 850g - Any views on it?

gabrielsdad

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 6, 2012
north staffs
Ive got one, i paid about 30 notes for mine too. I find it a cracking axe, i had a ganfors sfa before that, it wasnt worth double imho.

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
Slightly larger haft than a SFA, mine came razor sharp, well finished and definetly worth it if you want a packable axe.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Not had a go with one but can comment on the supplier in the first post.

Recently got some tools from FFX and the delivery was fast and the items well packaged., I'd gladly use them again.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I have the HY20 chopping axe with the same weight head.

Very happy with mine, it takes a good edge and keeps it. 10 mins with a few diamond stones and strop and it was good to go. The head is well mounted and straight. I got mine from Tamarack after recommendation, they worked out cheaper than FFX in the end and I trust them to pick out a good one and not sell me an iffy chopper.

Gearpac

Nov 6, 2007
North Wales
axe arrived today. :)
Lovely feel to it.

One snag.. the end of the haft, where the wedge is, happens to be chipped and splintered.
Not sure if its something serious or just comestic. Any experienced axe-ers got a view. Will try and post a photo.

Gearpac

Nov 6, 2007
North Wales
I will try and post a photo of the axe tomorrow.
Alas, work time, means no chance to get photo taken and up loaded today.

However. I will say one thing! Feck! That is a sharp axe.
I was examining the grind and edge, and very gently pressed my thumb to the to the flat of the edge. Then turned the head over. I noticed what I thought was bur, and realised it was a about a 3mm piece of skin off my thumb! lol. I have had shaving sharp knives before. But never an axe. Rather impressed given it straight from the maker.

Still not sure, if I have anything to worry about with regards to the handle though. Hoping the photo and some advice from those with more experience will help me out there.
Once I get it taken and u loaded.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE