HUGE Mosquitoes!!

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Glad I'm not further south! Normal skeeter on the right; Gallinipper on the left. The good news is the gallinipper's not a disease vector; the bad news is the painful bite.

aD0A4rd_460s.jpg

Last edited:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Atleast you will see them coming. Look like they could bite through even a mid layer.
Was plagued with ones near that size on a river trip in summer. Took to wearing a water proof in hot weather as this was the only thing they could not bite through.

Leiflet

Nomad
Jun 5, 2013
Devon
And I thought that I was badly having three days of Devon midge hell while working in some boggy woods this week. I looked like I had measles.

Shame those monsters can't last into winter. Could use them to pull sleds.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Do they come with a bomb rack and optional 6 pounder cannon? They look big enough to carry both.

Sheesh! So glad I live in Normandy and not Florida. You have my sympathies Santaman

Well there's the legend from WWII. Supposedly this (or possibly an even larger species) which inhabits Alaska landed on an Army base along the construction tout for the Alaska-Canada highway. Lehend has it that a groung crew pumped 60 gallons of avgas into it before realizing their mistake :)

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Sorry. I didn't remember the bit about your fish allergy. To be honest though, I don't really know what a cleg is.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE