HUGE Mosquitoes!!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Everything fishy I ever ate, except for wee brown trout I guddled from a burn (over 35 years ago) and fried in butter within five minutes of being out of the water. I caught them to prove I could, and I only ate a tiny wee bite of them, the rest were devoured by my camping friends.
I was still at the teenage stage of trying not to be as sensitive as an Aunt and Great Aunt to too many things. ( really makes me wonder sometimes, just what biological advantage this allergic thing offers :dunno: we do live long though, most of the family reach their mid nineties, and two have been over 100) The worst I expected was just to throw up and come out in hives, but I was fine. Tried salmon a fortnight later and was violently ill :sigh:

Clegs are horse flies with a bite like a red hot poker :(

M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
My Grandpa had one on his cheek, white and round and sunken like someone had burned a redhot 1/2inch ball bearing into the flesh. When I was very little and sitting on his lap and reaching up to touch it, I asked what made the mark. He clenched his teeth around his pipe and said, "A durty big cleeg", now I have to carry an epi pen in case I get bitten and react too badly :(

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE