How's the weather ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Been a blinder here in W. Sussex, bright sun all day, lovely dog walking weather on the Downs. Still a bit windy, but nothing like it was when it nearly picked me up off the hill in the midst of Ciara. That’s all gone now, it’s tipping it down with no respite until mid afternoon tomorrow. :(

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Get ready for storm Dennis this weekend folks. Lots more rain... I've just dug out my snorkle and flippers and rubber ring! :) :) :). If the mice hadn't eaten my inflatable canoe I might be getting that ready too!

Reactions: santaman2000

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Get ready for storm Dennis this weekend folks. Lots more rain... I've just dug out my snorkle and flippers and rubber ring! :) :) :). If the mice hadn't eaten my inflatable canoe I might be getting that ready too!

Your poor canoe, I was terribly cruel about it, despite it being hilarious. :D

We’re lucky with the chalk, it holds the water and releases it slowly. But the water table is very high, it’s only just stopped bubbling up through the roads, and there are over pumps pumping 24hrs to empty the aquifer into the Lavant (spring fed, seasonal river).

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Hmm , I was devastated at the time. my canoe didn't go down the plughole.. but down the mouse hole.
I realy missed it this last year. No more lazy bobbing about on the river.
:( :( :( :(
It's looking quite spring like along the lane with primroses and catkins on the hazelnut tree... at least until storm ciara there were catkins on the tree!

Last edited:

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Fresh snow yesterday/last night. Maybe 10cm at most. Now full blinding sunshine and melting.
Sure nice to feel a little heat in the sunlight.
Word is, maybe a meter or more up top. Sled-heads are happy.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
My Blackthorn is putting out it's first flowers, and the geans behind the English church are just in flower already.
Snowdrops were literally blooming in the snow, primroses are flowering too, the pignuts and lesser celandines are pushing up leaves and the bittercress has never stopped.

It's been a funny kind of Winter really.

M

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Hmm my canoe didn't go down the plughole.. but down the mouse hole.
I realy missed it this last year. No more lazy bobbing about on the river.
:( :( :( :(
It's looking quite spring like along the lane with primroses and catkins on the hazelnut tree... at least until storm ciara there were catkins on the tree!

Been a muddy old wet winter again, I’m not sure I’m ready for the Primmies yet, but they’re starting. Hazel catkins have been out for a while. It’s been absolutely solid peeing it down. Not stair rods, but in for a term and quite rude about it. :) Hardly cold enough to warrant having the woodburner alight. I’m only into my second load of logs this winter, which is great in environmental terms, but nothing like the six loads I burned a couple of years ago.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'd love some of that blue sky :D
We have white, and grey, and very dark grey :rolleyes:
We're all so pale these days we look like wraith. It's only when you see someone come down from the ski-ing and they've got the white goggles, that you see just totally lacking in sunshine that we are.

Reactions: Woody girl

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I'd love some of that blue sky :D
We have white, and grey, and very dark grey :rolleyes:
We're all so pale these days we look like wraith. It's only when you see someone come down from the ski-ing and they've got the white goggles, that you see just totally lacking in sunshine that we are.
Me too! I'd much rather have snow and sunshine than this ********rain and grey skies. It plays billyo with my joints!
Recently feeling like I've done ten rounds with a brickbat! !!!!!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Uhuh :)

I've been not bad all Winter, but this last blast of hail, icy winds, etc., has left me aching too.
Mind when we were kids and we thought adults claiming they could tell what the weather was doing, how it was changing by what was aching, was a wind up ?
We're getting as bad.

M

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Uh oh! Another power cut has just ensued. No idea why. It's calm outside. This is the fourth one in 3 days. Guess it's bed time then. Not much point in staying up now.
Let's see what tomorrow brings weather wise. Some sun would be nice for a few hours :)

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
It's just what we call "up top" where I live and play. Grouse-hunter's paradise in the autumn.
Lots of precip with very wet summers on the ocean-facing side of the Rocky Mountains.
Best guesses are that we have 120% of normal snow-pack right now.
Depending on exact location up top, anywhere from 5m - 15m snow.
The snow piles along the village streets are no more than 3m high.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Sat just on O˚C for a few hours last night, but it's thawed to a balmy 2.6˚C now. The cloud cover is almost Stygian gloom again.

I got the willows cut a couple of week ago, but apart from sorting them out in different rod sizes, etc., I have done nothing with them, and this weather isn't conducive to doing much outdoors, tbh.

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE