Howdo from rainy Lancs!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
B

Bulldog72

Howdo!

Been 'lurking' around, reading the posts on the site for getting on for a year or so now so I thought I should finally get 'round to posting summat.

So a little about myself. I've been interested in bushcraft and the great outdoors generally since I was a kid. My grandparents used to have a house in the Lake District and I think it was partly to do with spending time there with my Grandad, when I was little that gave me that love of nature. I also had an real obsession about joining the Army for years when I was young, unfortunately I never did (one of my biggest regrets) mainly due to the fact that I saw too much TV coverage of the Falklands conflict and realised people quite often die if stood too near hurtling projectiles! Anyway my fascination with the armed forces led me to reading anything I could about them - including one SAS survival handbook. From there on Lofty Wiseman became my guru!!

To be honest, I'm probably not the most skilled bushman as I haven't had much practise in the last few years. I've continued to spend lots of time in the country which, I feel , is the most important part of bushcraft, but the time I've spent there has been predominantly whilst walking and occasionally fishing. However I'm hoping to change that over the next few years - that's why I'm here.

B

Bulldog72

I live in Lytham St. Annes. It's a quiet little place but quite nice - by the sea but surrounded by some lovely countryside: Forest of Bowland, Lake District...you know the places! Plus Taramack is only about 30 mins drive from my house - so plenty of excuses for spending me hard earned on nice shiny trinkets ;-)

B

Bulldog72

Cheers everyone!

Simon, Middlewood would be nice. I'm supposed to be working that weekend but if I can manage to swap shifts wi' someone I'll certainly 'ave a go. If not do you have meets there more frequently or is it an annual thing?

B

Bulldog72

I was reading the thread about a meet up near Coniston earlier today - if that comes about it sounds like a good 'un! Has anybody heard anymore about that?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE