How to silence a noisy canteen / water bottle.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
I agree with akabu,a flexible canteen, i use a couple of the flexible U.S 2 qrt canteens in my pack when im out. I havn't got the flexible 1 qrt but im working on it.

Ray Britton

Nomad
Jun 2, 2010
Bristol
BOD.
I have a flexible U.S. canteen that is in an Auscam cover. This is an issue item, so I would have thought that you should be able to pick one up where you are.
It is just like the U.S. issue ones, and has a little pouch for puritabs, and a shoulder strap.

I was issued it, and so do not have any suggestions where one could be bought, but would imagine they should be able to be sourced where they were initially issued.

On the other hand, I would very rarely carry something so heavy and bulky now, and would usually have a plastic fizzy drinks bottle or a platypus bottle (not a platy bladder). :)

Arizroughrider

Forager
Apr 24, 2010
Prescott, Arizona USA
BOD.
I have a flexible U.S. canteen that is in an Auscam cover. This is an issue item, so I would have thought that you should be able to pick one up where you are.
It is just like the U.S. issue ones, and has a little pouch for puritabs, and a shoulder strap.

I was issued it, and so do not have any suggestions where one could be bought, but would imagine they should be able to be sourced where they were initially issued.

On the other hand, I would very rarely carry something so heavy and bulky now, and would usually have a plastic fizzy drinks bottle or a platypus bottle (not a platy bladder). :)

Page one of the link has the 2qt canteens and the covers are on page 2.

http://www.flyingtigerssurplus.com/c-8-p-507-id-8.html

akabu

Tenderfoot
Apr 23, 2006
USA
well.. thought as you consume water fill with clean pebbles and choice of purerifying [sp] agent

crwydryny

Tenderfoot
Oct 1, 2008
south wales
I actually use the cheepskate method, my waterbottle is usually a 2litre mineral water bottle which I squeeze when it's less than full. usually works until you get to about 1/2 full then there's some minor sloshing. I would like something like the cammel packs used by the US army but I can't afford one of them at the moment and I tend to be quite rough with my kit so I don't know how long it'll last for me (don't want something that will fall apart after a few weeks of use)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE