How to mend tin(?) coffee pot?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Lads and lasses, put it in perspective, its a cheap aluminium percolator being treated almost as some work of art. I'm all for patch and mend but lets get real world about this. Lob the pot into a recycle bin for crying out loud if the JB weld fails and buy another used one.

It might be a family heirloom Rik, I have a watch here that needs fixing, might cost a heck of a lot more than a new one to do, but it has family written all over it...

I have loads of things that are cheep to throw and buy new, but that isn't the best way to do things, but it sure earns someone more money continually making new stuff, that is one of the reasons we are in such a state in this country...Everything is just so easy to throw out and buy another.;)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
It might be a family heirloom Rik, I have a watch here that needs fixing, might cost a heck of a lot more than a new one to do, but it has family written all over it...

I have loads of things that are cheep to throw and buy new, but that isn't the best way to do things, but it sure earns someone more money continually making new stuff, that is one of the reasons we are in such a state in this country...Everything is just so easy to throw out and buy another.;)

Is a different thing completely and sharpening a knife is maintenance; still, one man's tut & tat is another man's treasure.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Not trying to force anything on anybody chap, just sharing my view, take it or leave it the choice is yours; I don't give a rats bum either way.

Merry xmas :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE