How to make Tabasco style fermented hot sauce ️

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Thanks for that. Just about enough to goad me into growing Anaheims for stuffing and Jalapeno for saucing.
I'm much more interested in the pepper tastes and use a lot of Tabasco Jalapeno.

Those hot sauces, hidden in little bottles, might be just the juice to elevate a bushcraft meal.

Reactions: British Red

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thanks for that. Just about enough to goad me into growing Anaheims for stuffing and Jalapeno for saucing.
I'm much more interested in the pepper tastes and use a lot of Tabasco Jalapeno.

Those hot sauces, hidden in little bottles, might be just the juice to elevate a bushcraft meal.
Light to transport too!

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Exactly. I'd better start saving the Tabasco bottles. I'd like to make a jug of Jalapeno.
Watched a documentary from McIlhenny (Tabasco) showing the 3 year process. Impressive.
They sell top quality aprons and things, too. Good recipe collection.

I do have a bag of small old pill bottles for dry herb mixes:
Italian, Greek, Chicken Rub, Beef Rub, Curry I, Curry II and Curry III.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I confess that I really enjoy experimenting with different chillies and sauce methods. The difference in tastes is amazing

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Exactly. I'd better start saving the Tabasco bottles. I'd like to make a jug of Jalapeno.
Watched a documentary from McIlhenny (Tabasco) showing the 3 year process. Impressive.
They sell top quality aprons and things, too. Good recipe collection.

I do have a bag of small old pill bottles for dry herb mixes:
Italian, Greek, Chicken Rub, Beef Rub, Curry I, Curry II and Curry III.

A decent excuse to get your grandkids giving you single malt miniatures for Christmas. I occasionally take them camping and always keep the bottles, good for enough milk for tea, some oil for cooking, or sauces.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Dang you people anyway. Found the big gallon pots, found the potting soil.
Ordered Jalapeno, Anaheim and Ancho pepper seed (West Coast Seeds).
Good sunny location and a rack for the pots to sit on.

One of my work mates did this so I know it's not impossible here indoors in winter.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE