How to make a survival bow using an Umbrella

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Hey guys , new video for you and I think it is a good one for urban survival , I mean you can find a broken umbrella anywhere and ability to change it to a weapon is a good thing to know so I think you will like it ;) My father came out with the design with my uncle when he was 10 or 11 so this is a thing you won't see anywhere else. Please like and share the video it will help me a lot. Thanks

[video=youtube;H-L2iamNGew]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-L2iamNGew[/video]

Last edited:

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Could you edit your post to remove 'deadly weapon'? This is the bushcrafting forum, not the zombie-killer survivalist's forum.

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Nice idea Gcckoka, innovative use of an umbrella.

Thanks !

Does it really matter if its called a "bushcraft bow" or not ? Is it bad to know how to make something if needed from a household item ? will it hurt to know something new ?
And I think that bushcraft is nothing without hunting and fishing. It is almost impossible to live of the grid with eating only plants, so this said we need to know how to hunt , I am a hunter and have been one for past 10 years. With proper umbrella , you will make such a strong bow which will go through any small game...
That's how I think , everyone has their own opinion.

General Strike

Forager
May 22, 2013
United Kingdom
Bushcraft generally involves using natural materials. What you're doing seems more like dumpster-diving. Maybe you could call it a Hobo Bow. Ho-bow?

Do you hunt with your ho-bow? Have you taken down small game with it? What small game have you stalked successfully in your local urban environment, and how long did it take for someone to call the police?

This is a bushcraft forum, forum for inane prepper fantasies is that way >>>>>>>>>>>

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
It matters because this is bushcraftuk and talk of weapons is discouraged as a policy on the forum. While it's ok to talk about hunting with bows and arrows purely in theory (since that is illegal in the uk), best to emphasise that).

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
First of all I am not a prepper , second we don't call police here for things like that.
It is called thinking outside the box , ok if bushcraft is making everything from natural materials then why are you using your not natural sleeping bag? why are you using your stainless steel canteen , mess kit and titanium spork ? why are you using a ferro rod ?
And I like to end this conversation here , if you like it thank you , if not no one is forcing you to watch it , no one made you to come in this thread. If I don't like something I dont do/watch/read it.
If I am making something against the forum rules the moderators will notify me and if needed remove the thread...

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
Great post Gcckoka,
I like the way you have improvised someone elses discarded rubbish and made it into a useable tool. Well done.
JFW

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE