How to get to the winter wonderland?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Hi All,

I am here in search of some answers.

My wife and I are considering a trip to Lapland (Finland because of the Euro) later this year, but as my wife is going it won't anything to serious and we are looking a cabin or hotel above the Arctic Circle is what we are looking for as a base camp.

But all we can find are trips to see Santa Claus which are pretty expensive and we are a little to old for him now.

So do any of you guys or gals have any suggests were to go or any operators that might be able to offer us the winter wonderland experience with some modern comforts :roll: (for my wife of course).

Any suggests welcome. :wave:

James

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Hi mate,
my wife is from finland and from the area where you like to go to, I am going to check with her. A friend of mine is doing the same stuff you like to do with his family renting a cottage online sometimes, some are absolutly great and he goes again and again to the same place. You should stay away from the Skiing places like "Ruka" because it gets real expensive in the turist season.
I am going to check with my buddy if he remembers a good blockhouse and come back to you about it.

cheers
Abbe

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Ok, here is a link. If you go onto the index page of that webpage you can give in the day when you want to go and the amount of peopel and the place within finland, and you can find your cabin of your choice. I only tested it therefore you have that cottage in the frame.

My friend is using this servise in the sommertime, you have to check them out a bit if it is good for winter or not. He said that sometimes he has amazing cabins and then he has not been so lucky as well. The cottages are private. Thats the best I can do for you.

http://www.lomarengas.fi/lomarengas/channels/en/data/Targets/M07306.html.stx

cheers
Abbe

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE