How much !!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
cheeky indeed, cant see the price of brass going up £3! Still they any good?

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
cool might have to get me one, can ya let me know if ya get em cheaper than £6.99 tho i guess thats still a reasnoble price.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Goose said:
Glad I bought a couple at the old price, still not a bad price for them now really.
Just need to find a cheap supply for the candles :rolleyes:

Ebay's been mentioned. It's also worth considering Ikea, I get a box at a time from there and they're a good price.

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Tony said:
Ebay's been mentioned. It's also worth considering Ikea, I get a box at a time from there and they're a good price.

really? - i've not noticed any uco style ones in there Tony (not that i'm saying that you are mistaken of course!) do you perchance know the groovy name they are known by? I'll keep my eyes open next time i'm in there :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:eek: I'm glad I bought a load a the original price :D They are good though. I have an Uco one but to some extent the brass one is easier to use.
Ikea's candles are fine, but you have to buy the box of long ones and cut them down. They aren't as long lasting or as smoke free but they do work, and Ikea sell citronella ones too.

Cheers,
Toddy

andyn

Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
I've had nothing but troubles with my cheapo one, and i've seen the same thing happen on others, where after about an hour the whole candle just melts and forms a mass of hard wax in the bottom of the lantern. Total pain in the bum. Oh and they are the proper UCO candles too that I was using.

Anyone else had the problems with them?

Think its something to do with the spring that pushes the candle up,
But i just dont have time now to try and resolve it and use a WW1 folding lantern reproduction that was recommended to us, which takes half a normal household candle or a trimmed down UCO one

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
andyn said:
I've had nothing but troubles with my cheapo one, and i've seen the same thing happen on others, where after about an hour the whole candle just melts and forms a mass of hard wax in the bottom of the lantern. Total pain in the bum. Oh and they are the proper UCO candles too that I was using.

Anyone else had the problems with them?

Think its something to do with the spring that pushes the candle up,
But i just dont have time now to try and resolve it and use a WW1 folding lantern reproduction that was recommended to us, which takes half a normal household candle or a trimmed down UCO one

Yep, I've had that problem too.
I think it's something to do with the fact that the wax should burn off, but instead it melts. Maybe something do do with the ventilation?

I didn't have that problem with the supplied candle but did with the UCO candle - strange!

Like you, not really thought about how to fix it....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE