How much are women able to carry?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Je ne comprand pas. Je sui anglaise , je ne parlez pas frances. But I'll have a cuppa ! :)
Sorry havnt written French since 1972 so it probably very bad spelling. You should have seen what auto misspell put! Even I couldn't understand it!
No Google translate used in the process of composing this post.....

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
No. Pas non!
( sorry, 99.999 % non French speaker)

Can not be sexist, unless you count UK women as less females than the French ones....

I am asking about the same sex, of the same species. Only the Political entity differs.
DNA virtually the same too, so you can not accuse me of racism either.....

And not of the Haram that is Politics, as I am famously uninterested.....

Comprendre? .

The Post Numero Uno (#1) could be interpreted as Sexist, but then you have to be quite ignorant of biology and physiology
Sorry, not 'ignorant' as that can be seen as Elitist.
Shall we say - Slight case of Learning Difficulties?
:)

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Je pense que en France ça dépend de la région.
A Toulouse j'ai vue presque seullement des nains. Je ne suis pas sûre mais je pense que les femmes la ne sont pas très fort.
Aux Nord de la France ils sont sûrement plus fortes.

Et a mon avis dans le nord-oest, chez les Bretons, on trouve les plus fortes qui exist.
Il y a des femmes très grandes la bas et naturellement c'est la région d'Astérix et Obélix en plus.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I just wrote, that in Tolouse I have seen mainly dwarfs, which probably are weak, in northern France they are taller, but in north west France they are in my opinion the strongest, because the women there are very tall and it's on top of it the area of Asterix and Obelix .

Reactions: santaman2000

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Je pense que en France ça dépend de la région.
A Toulouse j'ai vue presque seullement des nains. Je ne suis pas sûre mais je pense que les femmes la ne sont pas très fort.
Aux Nord de la France ils sont sûrement plus fortes.

Et a mon avis dans le nord-oest, chez les Bretons, on trouve les plus fortes qui exist.
Il y a des femmes très grandes la bas et naturellement c'est la région d'Astérix et Obélix en plus.

Peut-etre, mais ma professeure venait de Marsaille; elle n'etait pas grande, mais elle etait feroce!

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Il faut être féroce si on veut survivre à Marseille.

Et if faut pas oublier que cette ville et fondée par les vieux grecques.

Il y a beaucoup des types qui sont moins ou plus comme dans la Odyssée.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Si on a biens étudié français, on peut jouer aussi chez bushcraft.fr.

C'est pas trop vivant, mais sur un niveau extraordinaire!

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
Ahhh. So you think ordinary hazing (an ordinary team bonding activity in most male teams, military or civilian) is bullying. That explains your feminism.

You don’t understand how the activities I described from my teenage years fit in? Again, that explains a lot. They were a reply to a poster pushing her experience doing recreational hiking as evidence that men and women are physically equal. They ain’t.

I said the lady in question in the OP should carry less than 20% on her next trip? Read it again; I said that was the general rule of thumb for people, horses, and mules as stated and taught by such organizations as the Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, and Cavalry.

What some porter in Nepal does as hs job is a long, long way from what the average domesticated westerner does for recreation.

The hazing/bullying thing in the armed forces crops up in the news here from time to time, usually after some poor young recruit decides that being penetrated with a broom handle wasn’t what he signed up for and tops himself. If that kind of thing made you the man you are today then fair enough.

You seem concerned that my development as a man has been stunted as a result of not being exposed to a hyper-masculine environment during my youth. As I mentioned earlier, I spent my late teens many thousands of miles from home working in rural Australian shearing sheds. Plenty of testosterone, beer and lots of pranks at the expense of the Pommie kid but all in good heart and definitely no broom handles. ;) Not sure what all of this has to do with female hikers though.

Have another look a Birchwood’s post #6, but a bit more carefully this time. She does not claim either that she is physically equal to or stronger than the OP or that all women are as strong as all men. Birchwood simply says that despite a leg injury she believed that she could walk further than the OP. Maybe she can, maybe she can’t but she certainly didn’t say anything to justify your rather bizarre “log” themed post #13.

Post #13 seems to have had the desired effect though, I don’t think Birchwood has posted again. Good thing too, active women hikers getting involved in discussions about women hiking - that way madness lies. ;)

If it’s any consolation, I doubt whether a female Nepalese porter would get very far wearing a pair of cowboy boots! ;)

Santaman, I’m probably not the only person on here wondering whether all this rather desperate macho bravado is just masking some deep insecurities. I guess when a national hero and alpha male athlete like Bruce Jenner ends up rocking frocks on reality TV, it could start a lesser man worrying about his identity. Don’t worry, IME, it is quite possible to respect and even admire strong and capable women without wanting to become one - not sure what will happen if you start speaking French though! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE