How many tents do you own?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I own 3. But i need two more. A hildeberg atko and a bell tent/lavvu Once i get these other two, i can get rid of the other 3

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I like that Martin, how do you find it?

Roomy :lmao:

myvaranger8109.jpg

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Some of the tents I WANT:

Miner's Tent

397966_10150606758320977_180851991_n.jpg

Wall Tent

405620_10150606737215977_2128468985_n.jpg

TT Tent

3322_100108705976_3932183_n.jpg

Wedge tent

405710_10150606760040977_317534513_n.jpg

All EEna Tents from Beckel Canvas.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I think I still have 4 - two tiny one man tents - a Coleman Cobra? and something else, a Kyam 4 man Igloo and a six berth Kyam ....
I have not used any of them in years (perhaps I should flog them? ) as I much prefer a tarp even in -10C conditions.
If I ever went to a "civilised" site they might prove useful ... but even then a well pitched tarp would give all the privacy needed...

para106

Jul 24, 2009
scotland
Hmmm Nammatj GT. Quite fancy one of these. How does it stand up in a strong side wind? Thanks

Never had a problem, mate. It's the best 2/3 man job I've had - & I've had a few. I've used it Summer & Winter home & abroad in all conditions & it's been rock solid. Got mine off the 'bay new but well discounted. Invest in the footprint too. Cheers

Jul 7, 2011
Hampshire
Rainbow coloured festival tent (my first tent with the missus.. nicked named the tent of err "love and gange") :eek:
4 man halfords dome thing, for use on proper campsites
Old pup/ridge tent - kids garden camping only
Eurohike 3 man space ship looking jobbie
Vango Tempest 300
4m bell tent

DD 3x3 tarp
BA issue DPM tarp
various other heavy duty tarps for making group shelter

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
join "kit collectors annonimous on........."

I own one modified tent, now a single skin one, and one bivvy bag I don't want .
Anything I don't want to use/will never use is dispensed with one way or the other.

Catfish1972

Feb 11, 2013
London
I have too many tents!

My three-man tent is a Hilleberg Salvo. I also have a Terra Nova Ultra Hyperspace which is for sale - PM me.

My two-man tents are all by Terra Nova - a Quasar, a heavy-duty Quasar and a Superlite Quasar (the Quasar and Superlite Quasar are for sale - PM me!). I also have a Vau De Space II tent, but I lent it to a friend and he packed it away wet, then returned it eight years late. It's a right-off. If anyone want a very cheap restoration project then PM me and it's your for the price of postage and packaging.

I also have a Saivo Unna one-man tent. I've been looking for a mesh inner for this tent, and thought I'd found one, but mistakenly I ordered the Akto inner instead, so if anyone wants an Akto mesh inner, PM me!

During my teenage years I used an old Force Ten, which was about 8 kilos. I still have it somewhere but I can't ever imagine lugging that thing around again. I much prefer modern tents!

vinnyp68

Jun 14, 2009
Rainham
Over 15, dohh. On the bright side it's not as many tents as rucksack and cookers. See you on channel 4's Horders!!!

Jul 22, 2008
Southampton
Having seen some of the lists that people have put together it makes me feel better about my longish list, besides my other half now has 29 pairs of Doc Martins so I can have as many tents as I want right? One for every occasion, I haven't included the rubbish ones that I bought for my kids for festivals etc.

Wild Country Duolite Tourer - brilliant for cycle touring and motorbike rallies
Wild Country Hoolie 2 - very recent addition as I work as campsite steward at Glasto and someone left this behind so I snaffled this one straight away for my daughter
Aztec Duro Plus - my first proper tent, this my fall back for festivals etc bomb proof construction but a bit heavy
Vango Sigma 400+ - large two door 4 man tent lots of space for 2 people on long holidays - hasn't let me down yet
Wild Country Monsoon 6 - useful for putting groups of kids in ebay bargain for £64
Jamet Brevet 4000 - french tent bought for girlfriend weighs 3kg but packs down really really small great for backpacking
Various other cheap tents have come and gone over the years mainly bought for kids (Argos, Asda etc) which is why I would rather buy quality second hand that cheap cr*p which brings me on to final tent which I am still waiting to be delivered from Ebay
Terra Nova Ultra Quasar bought for the princely sum of £100 - bargain of the century and can't wait to use it

Lou

Settler
Feb 16, 2011
the French Alps
twitter.com
I have one pop up tent from Decathlon, which is great for putting up quickly when camping with the family. One two man tent which is my husband's - twenty years old but still going strong - and the tent too, its been lived in in Alaska and survived being on the beach in Abu Dhabi in a sand storm, just needs reproofing and I just bought a tipi tent which fits 2 adults and 2kids but weighs only 2 kilos for backpacking, it's a Eureka Wicky Up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE