How many nights camping out in 2011?

• Thread starter ex member coconino
  • Start date
  • Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
2 at dartmoor +1 at pontypool+ i at chepstow +1 previous pontypool=6 so far 1 night at pontypool

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
2 at dartmoor +1 at pontypool+ i at chepstow +1 previous pontypool=6 so far 2 more at northwood +1 overnighter at abergavenny+1 at dartmoor +1 at pontypool+8 days at the moot

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Just back from my hols - 2 weeks camping - so my total has leaped up to 28. Got a couple of days on the Pennine Way coming up next week so that should help me towards my goal of a month under "canvas" in 2011.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Got a weekender this coming Sat/Sun Well camping out combined with some snorkelling see if we can catch out for din din's, think im at about 6 night's so far, i just dont get out as much as id like these day's.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Well its only 10 for me, purely tent camping. No proper bushy stuff yet this year :(. Not bad considering a change of job and city!
Also first post on here for a year or so, hello again all :D

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Ive managed 4 earlier in the year, just booked another 3 at forgewood in tonbridge wells for the end of september and thatll probably be my lot for the year unfortunately, hammock and tarp all the way so far, although may try tenting for a change.

SWMBO really hates my trips to the woods so dont manage to get much time and she wont come with me due to bugs, cold, wet, trees and all manner of other excuses, think she just likes being indoors!

Really jealous of some of you that are clocking up 40+, Id lose parts of my anatomy before I got anywhere near that sort of amount.

Scots_Charles_River

Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Did another 5 last week, so now back at work though.

42+5=47.

Pressure from school kids for another few overnighters canoe camping, minefiekd of paperwork first week back.

Trying to get a grant for a set of hammocks, tarps and bivvy bags, would like to do a beach camp with tarps and bivvy bags.

Seems a lot of kids have been watching 'Man, Woman, Wild' and have asked to go do the same stuff !

Scots_Charles_River

Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
SWMBO really hates my trips to the woods so dont manage to get much time and she wont come with me due to bugs, cold, wet, trees and all manner of other excuses, think she just likes being indoors!

Have you tried a nice thick thermarest, below zero rated bag etc to make it comfy and warm ? Females I canoe camp with wear primark 1 piece fleecy pyjamasuits, they say they are really cosy.

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Have you tried a nice thick thermarest, below zero rated bag etc to make it comfy and warm ? Females I canoe camp with wear primark 1 piece fleecy pyjamasuits, they say they are really cosy.

Its no use, I've tried everything to convince her but she just doesn't like the outdoors, even runs away from slugs. Looks like I'll be going on my own again, ho hum!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

kINGPIN

Nomad
Dec 14, 2009
Cambridgeshire UK
For all people who are out a lot, I highly reccomend starting a blog on the subject. Its serves to keep the memories alive, and is great to look over your trips from years before. I've never been one for looking through a bunch of photos, but a blog brings it to life a little. Best thing I ever did.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE