How many nights camping out in 2011?

• Thread starter ex member coconino
  • Start date
  • Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
13 now, a brief weekend in Comrie

comrie2-2.jpg

SussexRob

Dec 26, 2010
East Grinstead
I've just had a quick tally up, and I'm at 32 nights, and of that 30 nights are scouting related camps! The last one being Saturday night, where I took my Explorer scouts to a24 activity event. They were off busy doing activities all night, I had a great nights kip in the hammock.

I have another 4 nights planned away with my Explorers this year, and doubt I'll rack up any more, as in November our first child will be born. :D

Welshwizard

Forager
Aug 11, 2011
Abergavenny Wales
lost count , can,t even remember where most of them were (age thing I hope) but as a lot of them were in my VW camper van I can,t really count them on here to be fair(can I) just back from 8 days in GT. Dorset steam fair (fantastic show)and then Somerset .
I,ve spent most of the other times in a tent never tried a tarp to camp under or sleeping in a hammock ,most of my tent forays are carried out whilst motorcycle touring
but hope to do more on foot soon.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
2 at dartmoor +1 at pontypool+ i at chepstow +1 previous pontypool=6 so far 2 more at northwood +1 overnighter at abergavenny+1 at dartmoor +1 at pontypool+8 days at the moot +2 nights at dartmoor

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Just an update on nights out ,up to 44 nights now ,i think i have missed a few nights though, but close enough

Jason

dasy2k1

Nomad
May 26, 2009
Manchester
2 in feb at forest camp in Cheshire with cubs (ok this one was in a bunkhouse but I still count it)

4 in may also at Forest camp Cheshire with cubs (in my hammock)

7 in August in north wales with scouts (tent)

2 last weekend in Disley with SSAGO (hammock)

So that's 15 so far this year with another 2 in a bunkhouse to come later in October

Hope to get my nap soon

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Grey Owl

Tenderfoot
Nov 26, 2006
Canada
voyagetothebay.cauc.ca
January: 5
February: 3
March: 0
April: 1
May: 3
June: 7
July: 27
Aug: 2
Sept 4
Oct:
Nov:
Dec:

Total: 52

In September we were able to get out for a long weekend of paddling in northern Alberta and had the good fortune to howl with the wolves. Many times I have heard brief howls, but this was the first sustained experience (2 hours) where they would respond immediately and make the landscape vibrate. Good times.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Just back from three days walking (From the Cotswolds to the Wye Valley via the Severn Bridge) so that brings me up to 32 nights camping in 2011. My New Year's resolution was to spend at least a month (a 31 day month - not February!) out under canvas (or, rather, silnylon).

Might get a couple more in before the year is out...

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
2 at dartmoor +1 at pontypool+ i at chepstow +1 previous pontypool=6 so far 2 more at northwood +1 overnighter at abergavenny+1 at dartmoor +1 at pontypool+8 days at the moot +2 nights at dartmoor +4 nights at dartmoor + 2 at brecon +1 at dave budds + 1 at dartmoor thats it for this year 28 in all regards dave:lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE