How many nights camping out in 2011?

• Thread starter ex member coconino
  • Start date
  • Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shogun

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2009
U.K
i have only been out about 8 times this year....

3 times local woods - used basha and u.s bivi bag..jetboil stove
3 nights mora..- used basha and u.s bivi bag..jetboil stove
2 nights fort william..- used basha and u.s bivi bag..jetboil stove

oh and 1 night winter camp heavy snow - basha u.s army modular sleep system..which was far to warm for me

and i am planning one last trip this week and i am putting up my kit for sale as i am not out as much as i would like
and i wont be out as much due to health reason's

Last edited:

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Just back from 31 nights camping around the alps.

Much cooler than normal, 4 wet days.

A huge mix of sites, some 5e a night some 39e a night !

Still prefer 'camping a la ferme' sites, cheap, quiet, small, rural.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Only 7 or 8 nights out I'm afraid to say. However I've been busy with a group and various challenges and things but that is all just excuses I know. Would have been more but I was out in the recent good spell and made the mistake of dropping down to the pub mid wander which meant I was not fit to continue but went home for a sleep. Got at least another 6 nights out planned but know I will never get much more done in a year due to other activities. If I get anywhere close to 20 nights out I'm happy. They will all be proper tarp nights out in the fells though not just a quick nip to my local woods not that there is anything wring with that of course.

Might nip out to my local woods one night its nice out. Went walking there one evening after work and really enjoyed it. Not been to those woods for years and its really nice up there (its on top of a former quarry and hill overlooking Morecambe Bay). Thought I'd take a tarp up there one night and chill. Saw a nice pile of recently cleared wood. One branch looked right for a spoon. Never actually made a spoon before. I wonder if it's ok to nick one bit of wood??

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
11 now, last week at St Andrews

yurtSA.jpg

JAG009

Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Just had another 9 nights out on a walk from Glasgow to Inverness via the West highland way and the Great Glen Way so 40 so far

Jason

al21

Nomad
Aug 11, 2006
In a boat somewhere
My total has now crept to twelve. Though these do range from back garden, a bivi under the canoe to a debris shelter which makes me feel slightly better.

Puddock. Check your total as you posted in May with five nights.

Al

Scots_Charles_River

Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Just in a house after a 7 night trip. 4 at Arisaig, beach site with just a toilet and tap, 3 at Glen Nevis, bit busy and full facilities - sea kayaking and open boating on loch Morar - hopefully away for another week if the rain breaks.

So total 4 in scotland, 31 in france, 7 in Highlands = 42. plus a few winter/spring ones at easter.

Last edited:
11 so far, all of them with the Scouts in a variety of ways: hammocks, tents, shelters.

Was supposed to be doing 2 more in Ireland next month for the Liffey Descent but it has been postponed by a month due to lack of water! Gutted!

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE