How many knives and/or axes do you own?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

How many knives and/or axes do you have?

• 1-2

Votes: 34 4.9%
  • 3-5

Votes: 129 18.6%
  • 6-10

Votes: 170 24.5%
  • 11-20

Votes: 146 21.1%
  • 21-40

Votes: 107 15.4%
  • 41-100

Votes: 107 15.4%

• Total voters

Basha72

Tenderfoot
Jul 13, 2006
Torbay
Here is a selection of some of my blades I have so far, some of the others are scatterd around the house too shy for the photo shoot :) if I manage to post it right ??!!, they all get used often, don't see the point in buying a knife just to look at it ! however nice it looks. But each to their own ways

GROUPPIC.jpg

KNIFES.jpg

PARANGS.jpg

AXES.jpg

Last edited:

the laird

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2006
DK
several custom folders for fun
a couple of so called 'bushcraft' blades also for fun
a couple of good useful bush blades mainly khukri
and a few more khukri just in case I need a woodland tool

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
how can so many people only have said 1-2??? surely you need a tiny keyring knife, sub 3" non locker for EDC, fixed blade bushy, bigger one for light chopping, billhook and machete for bigger stuff, parang and kukri for even heavier stuff, a small axe for kindling, a larger axe for light felling and limbing, a big feller, and a splitting maul. not forgetting a carving axe and an adze and crook knives in a few sizes, a carving knife, and what about food prep?!!?!? how do they survive with anything less than 15 sharps?!!!?

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
LOL !! your safe mate, i'm always in a good mood !

Biker wipes brow in relief.

Your posting did make me laugh out loud too. Those few words spoke volumes.

Scorpio, maybe that don't have big rucksacks to carry them all or don't want to resemble Rambo on a revenge kick. But only having two knives is taking the mick a bit. I would like to see what those two knives look like though. One's probably a swiss army knife like this:

wenger-Giant-Knife-zoom.jpg

Harsh, but fair assessment I think.

mariobab

Tenderfoot
Oct 30, 2006
croatia
At the time I voted I had some 80+ blades (knives, axes, machetes, etc.) But since then I have learned to forge an usable knife, so most of my commercial blades (knives, kukries, most of the machetes) were given away except billhooks and axes-those are yet to be forged if I ever learn how. But the thing with knives is that one can never have enough, addiction it is, so now there are 10 scattered around house, some finished with sheath, some wait to be finished (wooden handle and final touch) and two more to be forged if rain ever stops.

TaTanka

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 28, 2010
Texas
I'm pushing close to 100 but that's including swords and pocket knives that don't go into the bush.

Laurentius

Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
If I really counted everything in my kitchen drawer .....

I have 3 SAK's one cheapo Nieto lock knife (which I find good enough for me) one Martinii sommat or other which is not the sort of thing I would take out anywhere these days. An old Joseph Rogers Pruner with plastic scales (I did have one with wooden scales, but lost it) an ancient bone handled folder with a blade that has been sharpened away to nearly nothing, it says something like "sheep dip" on what remains of the blade, I presume a salesmans give away. A Birmingham flea market Kukri of lamentable quality. An Elwood billhook, A "tea pruner" it's a sort of miniature bill hook, and an old square ended rat tailed "chopper" which is pretty efficient. As for axes I once had three, I gave away my big one to my brother since I have long had no use for it, I have a Fiskars cum Wilkinson plastic handled job from homebase, My chopper or bill hook will do the job of that really so it is quite unnecessary and a "legacy" hand axe with a really thick crude blade of indeterminate origins I got from an army surplus store thrity or something years ago. I'll tell you what though if you want to break a door down it will do that. I lent it to a neighbour who locked himself out. However I had to spend ages filing out the nicks on the blade when I got it back.

And I suppose various other toys including a variety of KFS doodahs, some better than others, more often used for opening bottles than anything else.

I used to use the Joseph Rogers pruner for chopping carrots and onions of all things, not meant to be a kitchen knife but it did the job.

I still dream of my John Nowill Bowie that was nicked in a burglary 14 years ago now, I paid Eighteen Shillings and Sixpence for it as a teenager, and whittled many a stick with it even tried to carve a chess set. (not very succesfully) When it was stolen I had no idea what they cost to buy nowadays and claimed well short of the replacement value.

I ought not to be let loose with a knife at all these days Elfin Safety and all, you only have to look at my left hand to see that :(

Juraj

Tenderfoot
Feb 22, 2010
EU
The latest count shows 2 axes, 4 folders, 7 fixed blades, 1 in a post office and 3 on order:)

Oct 3, 2010
Sweden
I own too many folders. I would like to have a couple of sturdy fixed blades though. At the moment I only have two Moras. I am looking for a big indestructible fixed blade that doesn't break the bank though.

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
well i posted on here about two months ago,..and since then my count has increased by another axe, two fixed blades, a neck knife, and two folders,...

jeeeez!

if you say it fast it doesnt sound as bad,...

so

9 fixed blades, 12 folders, and 2 axes,..

o dear

Last edited:

Fjällräven

Jul 29, 2011
Denmark
1 Gränsfors small forest axe
1 Hultafors axe
3 other axes
1 Helle Harding
1 Helle Eggen
1 Helle Symfoni
1 Helle Nying
3 EKA Swede 88 folder
2 Leatherman tools
2 SAK
1 Case Sodbuster for EDC
1 Bacho Lapplander saw

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE