How many knives and/or axes do you own?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

How many knives and/or axes do you have?

• 1-2

Votes: 34 4.9%
  • 3-5

Votes: 129 18.6%
  • 6-10

Votes: 170 24.5%
  • 11-20

Votes: 146 21.1%
  • 21-40

Votes: 107 15.4%
  • 41-100

Votes: 107 15.4%

• Total voters

Pappa

Need to contact Admin...
May 27, 2005
South Wales
www.plot55.com
For a little amusement, I thought it would be nice to find out how many edged tools we have. For the sake of completeness, I suppose it's best to include all your crook knives, flint knives, and ony other oddities you may have.

Pappa

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Erm, 7 axes that I can think of, 2 machetes, a billhook and lots of knives. Lots. Knives range from little dinky penknives (slipjoints), SAK's, through the various lock knives like Buck 110, Buck/Strider and the like, right through to fixed baldes of up to 10" blades on a couple of my bowies. As Blackadder might say... "More knives than Mr Knife the knife seller when he's had a particularly large delivery of knives."

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've put my answer in the wrong option, I didn't read the first post until I'd answered the question. :rolleyes: If I've got to include *all* of them, I'm in the highest count one too :eek:

Cheers,
Toddy

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Ooer - I just knew this topic would come about sooner or later. Let me think....
Axes - yep, from a small £1-99 farm shop special, two good choppers a felling axe and a maul.
Fixed blade knives - Hmmm SWC - WL copy, Brisa Nordic, Lapp Pukko, ugly big sheath knife, horrid dagger thing for a handle project.
Folders - 2 SAK's, a Delicia, undeterminate skeleton folder, folding Stanley knife, 2 No 8 Opinels.
Multi-tools - Leatherman PSKII, Gerber Archer and Ledgend 800, SwisstoolX.
Others - small skeletonised skinner, a rusty billhook, Swiss cards, an old scythe that need fixing.
... I've probably forgotten a few in haste so I'll join the poll with 26.

Just don't tell SWMBO... :puppy_dog

Ogri the trog

PS damn, forgot the practice forged blades, 4 off - and a few more by the weekend.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
4 swords, 4 spears, 2 scrams, 5 viking knives, 2 roman knives, 1 iron age knife, 5 medieaval knives, 20 - 25 period craft knives, 30+ non period craft knives, 9 bushcraft / pocket knives, 17 misc.cutting tools, 14 axes various periods, 30+ kitchen / eating knives, I neolithic stone axe (original)

I may have forgotten a few..... ;)

btw. your counter doesn't go high enough.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Oh hell, we are counting goloks, swords, spears etc. And craft knives? Bump me up to over 100!

Red

hawsome34

Tenderfoot
Sep 3, 2004
Merseyside
For a newbie I'm quite shocked after totting up how many tools I have.

1 Ghanaian Machete (£2 holds a great edge, good balance)
1 Malay Parang (£4 gift from a malaysian venturer)
1 Gerber Multitool (had it that long dont know the model)
3 Swiss Army Rolls (Not used for at least 8years)
2 Mora
1 SFA
3 Lock Blades (2 unused)
1 WW1 US bayonet
1 camping hatchet (only ever used to hammer pegs in)
3 martial arts darts (another pressie)
1 Swiss Army Card (yet another pressie)
1 Leatherman
Few stanley knives etc, prob about 8.

Not bad around 27 tools.

And I really only use 3 of them

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Darn you! (no not really - but if swmbo see's this...... :D )

looked around me in the dining room and totted up the ones on shelves, pockets bags etc and was already in double figures!! :eek:

so adding on those from the rest of the house It HAS to be over 41....... probably over 100 too! :eek:

I just can't help myself buying / making more, I love em!! - now time to brouse the goodstuff shop again ;)

laurens ch

Forager
Jun 23, 2005
south wales united kingdom
4 axes (recently lost three though)
3 moras
2 opinels number 7 and the Filet knife
1 folding pruning knife
1 small kukri
If this poll was how many have youve had it been about double,ive lost quite a few of them.
total 11

capacious

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 7, 2005
Swansea
My collection is rather modest....

2 x Axes
1 x Mora
1 x Opinel
1 x Lapp Puukko
1x Helle Brakar

I can't afford lots of gear - every time I want something new, I have to sell something else :( :p

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Couple of Moras that Ive rehandled;
A black blade (JP)my lad got me for Xmas;
An old Helle Tor.
3 Shoe knives;
A chopped off Clipper.
An Opey 7.
A Fiskars light axe.

Not counting woodworking sharps.

Ceeg

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
Err, 6 or more axes, IIRC - Two GBs, a Swedish army Ebayer :rolleyes: , and a slack handful of cheapies, some modded.

About a dozen and a half fixed blades, 6-10 Opinels and a bunch of penkinves - mostly SAK, Laguioles and Taylor's Eyewitness stuff.

Plus countless kitchen and craft knives.

Perhaps it's a "syndrome" - I really only use about half a dozen regularly...

Jim.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE