How generous are the 'Look What We Found' meal portions?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

adriatikfan

May 23, 2010
North Yorkshire
Having come across the 'Look What We Found' site reading through an older thread, I wonder if any of you have experience of their preprepared meals i.e. taste, texture etc.,

Particularly I'm interested in the size of the portion. Some of the meals look very attractive.

TIA

Best Wishes
David

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I love all that I have tasted - and that is a fair few - but have to say that I need a bit of rice or spud or pasta to bulk them out a bit....but I am a fat old git with more apitite than is good for me!
The portions seem a little bit smaller than rat pack single pouch meals...but taste a lot better!

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I agree with JF, taste great with slightly small portions, and I'm not a fat old git. Well, I'm not fat at least :beerchug:

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I'd agree with the others. If you're expecting to feel stuffed after one, you probably won't. However, all the ones I've had are tasty.

Maybe if you have a tinned treacle sponge pudding afterwards...

Geoff

adriatikfan

May 23, 2010
North Yorkshire
Thanks chaps - very helpful advice. I think I'll get a couple to try out before buying a number before our holiday this summer.

Just as a matter of interest, are there any other similar set-ups which sell good quality, price-reasonable stuff that I wouldn't know about?

Best Wishes
David

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
The main meals taste good, but as stated the portions are small. I particularly like the Chilli
The soups IMHO are not so good. Badly seasoned, not much in the way of flavour, quite watery and the small portion thing again.

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
Although they are nice I do think they are quite pricey for what you get.

Great for an overnighter but carrying enough for a full trip would add a lot of weight, as they contain lots of water.

But lovely as a treat on the first night in camp :)

11.jpg

12.jpg

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
for similar sorts of things, check out the ethnic food isles in your supermarkets.
I've found curries in pouches that are quite good (and in "two serving" bags)

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
I was looking at these in Waitrose's last week end, £2.99 for a 300g. pouch.
They are pretty small so will need to be supplemented with noodles, rice etc.
Can they be boiled in the bag like retort ration pouches or do you have to decant them into a pot first?
Happy trails...torc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE