How do you pronounce TRANGIA??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Its Trangeeah to me :) Never had a problem with someone not understanding it either - now that Rik has explained the right way it makes sense. Still a Trangeeeeeaaahh though :)

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
I`m from norway and pronounce it tran-gee-a, as it is written. Could be the swedes pronounce it in an other way, but until I hear a swede say it I call it tran-gee-a.

But in the end does it really matter as long as other people know what you are talking about:) .

Tor

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I always thought it was trang e aa but one of the lads off the stove forum (from Norway) posted some sound files, so its tran ya but I still say trang e aa, old habits die hard etc;)

I am a real admirer of the Trangia setup, as others said, not the fastest stove, but 100% reliable, my pro Trangia posts got me a medal ;)
RikCoin2.jpg

At the end of a camping day, what's the rush, put the kettle on your T, pitch your shelter of choice and have a brew

stickbow

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2006
Northampton England
I sometimes struggle with Trangia but I have no problem with pronouncing
LLANFAIRPWLLGWYNGYLLGOGERCHWYNDROBWLLLLANTYSILIOGOGGOGOCH

Go for it Richard

"Have fun, shoot a stick"

kancho74

Jul 28, 2008
Norway
I`m from norway and pronounce it tran-gee-a, as it is written. Could be the swedes pronounce it in an other way, but until I hear a swede say it I call it tran-gee-a.

But in the end does it really matter as long as other people know what you are talking about:) .

Tor

same here, Swedish is a little different but I think they pronounce the G the same

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I pronounce it...

tran - as in transvestite
ge - as in gee bob, that guy is a 'tard
a - as in aaaaah... nothing like the first pee of the day after a night in the hammock!

Joe

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE