How do you cook your eggs when out in the woods?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
I do like eggs when out, but they always end up a scrambled up mess in the bottom of my cook pot or just mashed up around the pan.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Microwave if I'm in the van or you can make a boil in the bag omelette by breaking the eggs into a freezer bag then placing the bag into boiling water.

Last edited:

Lepmeister

Apr 23, 2012
Australia
A cast iron skillet with real bacon if travelling by canoe

or

The "One Egg Wonder" pan with some Spam.. Of course its the perfect size for pancakes

3:30 mark on the below shows it in use.

[video=youtube;zTecI9Vrp6E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTecI9Vrp6E&list=UUAQPkMrd81GiPtVRSeUF6rw[/video]

garethw

Settler
One way I did it which I got off the net is to put three beaten eggs, some ham and cheese in a small zip lock bag. (They don't leak and can be thrown away after use so be washing up.
When meal time comes you just drop the whole bag in a pot of hot water and cook it... Et voilà one boil in the bag omlette with no mess.

cheers
Gareth

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
One way I did it which I got off the net is to put three beaten eggs, some ham and cheese in a small zip lock bag. (They don't leak and can be thrown away after use so be washing up.
When meal time comes you just drop the whole bag in a pot of hot water and cook it... Et voilà one boil in the bag omlette with no mess.

cheers
Gareth

I'm gonna have to try this!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I like mine fried or as a "scramlet" (half way between scrambled and an omlet) and just do them in my cast iron frying pan with a little oil. Nothing sticks.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Slice top off a spud then hollow in out, crack egg in to hollow put top back on wrap in foil and bake i fire

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Stick them inbetween to big clumps of wet moss ( in their shell of course ) put the on the fire and the steam cooks them no pot no water needed

Ps this works great with fish to ,if your on the beach use sea weed

Last edited:

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Normally fried. The best tasting fried eggs is when I use my cast iron skillet after the bacon has been done. Salt and black pepper between two slices of thick cut white bread, ketchup optional.

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece

cheers
Gareth

+1

Can never seem to keep them from breaking otherwise, so it's either hard boiled or broken into a bag for me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE