How do I get in a hammock when paraletic?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
Been thinking about this one for a while, visited Middlemud twice for the day, and ended up sat around the campfire, after dark, while half a dozen bottles of 'Home brew' spirits are passed around multiple times (I had to 'Pass' every offer cos of driving home).

Now in the expectation that a similar thing will happening this next weekend (and im not driving anywhere), how do i get into a hammock after a skinful without doing a faceplant in the mud?

Do i sling my hammock deliberately low to allow for the otherwise comical 'straddle' technique, or do i fashion a couple of rope spreaders to allow a bigger target area for my butt?

As you may have guessed, I haven't got into a hammock sober or drunk as yet and any cameramen within the vacinity at the alloted time will be shot at dawn.

Advice, photo's, do not's, and comments needed.

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Tony, When are you going to site? I'll be there from Friday lunchtime and will be sleeping in a hammock again, so I can show you the two methods that I use.

Chris

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
These words do not instil me with much confidence, I foresee camera flashes and much tittering.

Im arriving Friday morning (early), so i might get some practice in unseen.

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Pitch your hammock not to far form the social area and drink in your hammock and just stay there...:rolleyes:

No seriously, I find its the boot removal that gets me, If you plan your bed routine carefully ie have your sleeping bad turned down ready a dry area to SIT and get boots off..:)
And obviously practice getting in and out before the drinking starts ;)

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
Why has nobody done a photo-tutorial on this subject?

Is this some sort of cruel initiation, 3 face plants later, you all tell me the secret?

Would bringing a short step ladder help?

Could i lower myself in with some sort of winch system?

So many Q's.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I keep being told that I'll be warmer, more comfortable, have a better outdoor experience, etc., etc., using a hammock, and that's without me being paralytic..........you're not filling me with confidence on these contraptions folks :rolleyes:

Are you sure it's worth the bother :confused: The ground is at least stable......usually ;) :D

atb,
M

Nelis

Forager
Mar 9, 2007
Oudenbosch
Oh come on with the proper preperation getting in the hammock when drunk is easy, just pay extra attention when setting up the hammock.

Do the following.

Spread the hammock out on the ground, between to trees.........

AND LEAVE IT THERE !!!!

statikpunk

Apr 18, 2007
nevada, U.S.A.
buy a hennessy hammock since you go in through the bottom and its all sealed you cant fall out when inebriated ! dont ask me how I know that or why that influenced my decision on what hammock to own:eek: :eek: :eek:

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Forget the hammock. Put on your warm gear under waterproof smock and trousers before you start to sup and just curl up and sleep beside the fire. That way you won't trip over anything and damage yourself.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE