How dare they!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Well guys, time for a bit of a football rant i'm afriad.

For a start, Mr Ferguson not releasing Giggs for the match against England until as late as possible is a disgrace! Wales doesn't need anymore problems! Savage was sent off in what i think was the worst refereeing descision i have ever seen (i was there, in a box :nana: ). Wales have an unbelievable amount of bad luck when it comes to injuries! In the Scotland v Wales match, Wales had 9 drop out due to injuries! (we still won 4-0 though, i had to say that :wink: :nana: )

England have 163 players in the premiership, Wales have 12. Yet Owen Hargreaves decided to play for England (cos his dad in English). And Micheal Owen! Don't get me started on him, brought up in Flintshire north bloomin Wales, yet he plays for England! Now, im totally up for English, Welsh, Scottish, Irish pride, its what makes football fun. But when players abandon there countries, that what gets me.

Giggs was offered a place in the English team but he said "im a proud Welshman" woohoo!

Oh well, the Wales team is respectable, we should have won the first two games however!

My rant over, what do you think?

I think im gonna add a poll........

Lets see what the results are!

Cheers. :biggthump

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Bearing in mind of course our squad, which is turning out to be one of the best it has ever been.

With the likes of Craig Bellamy, John Hartson, Ryan Giggs, Robert Earnshaw, Simon Davies, Delaney, Andy Melville, Danny Gabbidon (ok, but he's one for te future, same as Collins), James Collins, Ben Thatcher, John Oster, Mark Pembridge, Gary Speed and of course Paul Jones.

Off the top of my head!

*edit" no bias when voting!

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Sorry but if Wales couldn't take the "not exactly world class" Norn Iron in Cardiff they're not going to trouble the Three Lions too much.

Stranger things have happened and there's no harm in praying.
Some people have died after routine procedures under local anaesthetic....

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
In the millenium stadium there was a blatant error. It was clear that wales were the better team with 80% of the possesion. Thing they did wrong was they had no good ball makers on the left or right, delivery was shocking. What i got from that match was they can really play a good game in the midfield and defense, and if we have Giggs on the wing, providing excellent service into the box, straight onto the famous Hartson Header. Then who knows :wink:

Also, Earnie will play for the whole match, he rarely does that yetr he still gets the goals. In 90 mins, Robert earnshaw can pull off a good few miracles!

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
OI! Someones added another option!! :twak: :wink:

Great Pebble, im looking at the overall performance.

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
:rolmao: I know i know. But when it comes to international football. I just love watching nations be proud. (unless its unfriendly). Couldn't care less of club football.

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Not really, an off topic section is a place where you can discuss irrelevant things with you friends at BCUK. Whatever the topic may be. If you were intersted in international football you might be interested in discussion brought on by this thread!

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
what ticks me off about football is that they (all the pub goers and TV people) are talking about something that's going to happen in 2006!!! :yikes:

I'm with lurch on this one, football has no place on our planet :nana:

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Go on then, who was i that added that other poll?? Some discreet moderator i suppose :wink: :biggthump

Come on guys, is there no-one who enjoys the thrill of watching nations compete? Oh well. i know Martyn does, Martyn???

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
At last some passion! Well Martyn, we'll have to see about that. :sword: :AR15firin

Now, Wales have it tied up. All that lacked in the two previous games was a good crosser/play maker (Giggs). And with Giggs running at you, with Hartson in the center ;)

Earnie should prove a problem to Rio, and Gabby, i just saw him play today and he is awesome. Cardiff hit the cross-bas 3 times and missed a penalty. Gabbidon defended like a great.
Should've beaten Leeds today, we were all over 'em.

BTW Pele sais that Giggs is the only person in the UK who could walk, no problem, into the Brazilian team. :nana:

And lets be honest, your goalkeeper is less than solid!

And some of your best players are Welsh, so any goals coming from Owen or Hargreaves i will take as mine!

:nana: :biggthump

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE