How about a dedicated essex group?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
any news on the venue NatG

Have traded various answerphone messages but to no avail, i get home from work at half five, and he finishes work at 5, so we're a bit out of sync. If anyone else can make calls during the day- i'm not allowed a mobile at work- or can get home before 5 and ring him i would be greatly appreciative, i;d rather it got organised by someone if i can't sort it out properly :(

CRAZY FROG

Forager
Aug 9, 2007
essex
NatG
ok just sent an Email to Gary King asking for confirmation ether way if it's ok or not.

hopfully all thing crossed & subject to an email reply I will let you know.

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
ok then people we have the go ahead on this one, the weekend of the 14th of november, fires allowed, i will be arriving at hadleigh castle at about 6 oclock i expect. Fires are allowed, but there is no drinking water to be had, so we'll need to bring our own.

i'll search the web for train and bus times for those using puiblic transport and once people have confirmed their place i'll send out my mobile number so that you can all contact me.

cheers

Nathan

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
right then- a bit more organising, who is going for both firday and saturday nights? i will only be able to do fridays now as it is a good friends brithday party on the saturday night:(

my idea was that everyone should be self catering- bring with you everything you will need for the weekend! the meeting place will be at benfleet railway station at about 5:30 on the friday, there is no parking on the site available after 5.

A communal campfire is allowed so we can do some cooking over an open fire, i intende to bring something to sit and carve around the fire, and a few sharps for people to have a play wiht, but nothing special.

i need to confir, the exact area where we are sleeping with the ranger but i get the impression that it's not hammock friendly at all, so it will probbably be tents and bivvis for all.

cheers

Nathan

CRAZY FROG

Forager
Aug 9, 2007
essex
right then- a bit more organising, who is going for both firday and saturday nights? i will only be able to do fridays now as it is a good friends brithday party on the saturday night:(

my idea was that everyone should be self catering- bring with you everything you will need for the weekend! the meeting place will be at benfleet railway station at about 5:30 on the friday, there is no parking on the site available after 5.

A communal campfire is allowed so we can do some cooking over an open fire, i intende to bring something to sit and carve around the fire, and a few sharps for people to have a play wiht, but nothing special.

i need to confir, the exact area where we are sleeping with the ranger but i get the impression that it's not hammock friendly at all, so it will probbably be tents and bivvis for all.

cheers

Nathan

I can do both Friday & Saturday

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
i've got all of this sorted with the park- as far as i'm aware, just turn up, check in with the staff and go and camp, unfortunately it no longer looks like i'll be able to make it, so i don't really feel comfortable organising it anymore, coupled with a busy time at work and a recent illness, i just don't think i've got the time to commit to do it properly.

however- this is mostly sorted, someone just needs to work out a meeting place and ring up the park to remind the rangers.

sorry, but i just haven't got the time, i might pop in for a chat on the friday, but i'll be getting the bus home.

Nathan

CRAZY FROG

Forager
Aug 9, 2007
essex
i've got all of this sorted with the park- as far as i'm aware, just turn up, check in with the staff and go and camp, unfortunately it no longer looks like i'll be able to make it, so i don't really feel comfortable organising it anymore, coupled with a busy time at work and a recent illness, i just don't think i've got the time to commit to do it properly.

however- this is mostly sorted, someone just needs to work out a meeting place and ring up the park to remind the rangers.

sorry, but i just haven't got the time, i might pop in for a chat on the friday, but i'll be getting the bus home.

Nathan

sadly I am unable to make it to.

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
I don't think the meet actually went ahead mate-

most people had pulled out of it at the last minute.

seems these things are alot harder to sort than i thought.

you up for another go at it?

CRAZY FROG

Forager
Aug 9, 2007
essex
I don't think the meet actually went ahead mate-

most people had pulled out of it at the last minute.

seems these things are alot harder to sort than i thought.

you up for another go at it?

I'm up for another go NatG

we should organize the venue before posting the meet on this website first.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE