How about a dedicated essex group?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
There seems to be quite a few of us in essex, how about we get a group together, find a woodland where we can get permanent permission and organise a monthly/bimonthly meetup?

anyone else interested, or does anyone else know of a place ?

cheers
Nathan

Dec 16, 2007
And if we are from south essex we like to polish our AK47's before we go to bed then go to sleep to the sound of the police helicopter over basildon.

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
Brilliant idea for a regular group. I'll certainly be interested. I will try to work on a couple of landowners too, can't harm trying can it!

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
sound slike a deal then, i'll put the word out to some people and make some enquiries.

I was thinking of saying something along the lines of " aq few of us want to get together to do a bit of low impact camping/bushcrafting we will ponly be out for a few nights a month probbably and there wont' be big groups. We're probbably willing to pay a small amount to cover any costs we may incurr to you and would probbably be able to help out wiht little bits and pieces of mainainence."

sound about right to people?

CRAZY FROG

Forager
Aug 9, 2007
essex
There seems to be quite a few of us in essex, how about we get a group together, find a woodland where we can get permanent permission and organise a monthly/bimonthly meetup?

cheers
Nathan

count me in

CRAZY FROG

Forager
Aug 9, 2007
essex

cheers
Nathan

NatG
There's a chances of being able to go to hadleigh castle country park but needs someone to have a chat with a chap called gary king who is the range there his phone number is 01702 551072 , he will be at the office from 1200 till 5pm on saturday for a talk possible bushcraft activities within the park.

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
i'll bein contact with hadleigh soon, and am talking to hockley woods, will keep everyone posted, and thanks to Crazy Frog for his help!

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
looks like we're in for the hadleigh country park , up to about seven of us, bashas and bivis allowed, no trapping and no natural shelters.

so what dates are people free on and we can work something out:D

cheers

Nathan

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
so, a definite list then :

Nathan
PaganWolf
ScottC
and i'm assuming Crazy Frog too , he's the one who found the venue!

as to dates- i'm busy the weekend of the 4th of november, the weekend of the 17th to the 20th of october and the 12th of december, i should be able to do any others:)

CRAZY FROG

Forager
Aug 9, 2007
essex
I'm in, I can manage most weekends at present apart from the 17th to the 20th, house sitting, any other times.
Are brew/cooking fires allowed NatG?

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
yes, i believe we will be allowed a campfire, but the guy has to check with the cupervisor before he gives it the final go ahead.

incidentally, he sounded like a really nice chap:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE