HOTW and chorizo roll

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
In honour of TeeDee's old foodie posts, I thought I'd try an get an arty shot of a very simple unassuming meal. I found my first hen of the woods yesterday, after trying a little fried last night and having no upset or reaction I fried the rest up until crispy in butter with some chorizo, then fried the bread in the juices. Absolutely lovely :) for those wondering, I left half of the fungus to carry on it's job.

20210908_174113.jpg20210908_174345.jpg20210908_175129.jpg

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
I was thinking perhaps a good splodge of heinz mayo, but something just felt wrong about it. To be fair, the whole thing was soaked in butter!

I did make some Jack by the hedge mustard from their seeds last year, I'll have to get out and see if there are still some around. Can't say I've noticed any on my walks so Im probably too late

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I was thinking perhaps a good splodge of heinz mayo, but something just felt wrong about it. To be fair, the whole thing was soaked in butter!

I did make some Jack by the hedge mustard from their seeds last year, I'll have to get out and see if there are still some around. Can't say I've noticed any on my walks so Im probably too late
That’s why mustard, it helps emulsify oil, where as mayonnaise is emulsified oil.

Looks splendid. :)

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
Great timing! Unfortunately there's not many opportunities for pigeon round these parts, no crops to protect just sheep.

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
Yep seen plenty of em, loads in the garden too. I've been seeing collared doves around too recently, seems they only show towards the back end of summer?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE