Sweetcorn luxury

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
We have been harvesting this years sweetcorn. Isn’t this a delicious treat?

Anyway, we have discovered that some cobs have been infected by the fungus known as Huitlacoche and this is regarded as a delicacy of old.
Fried in butter I will say this is delicious and an addition to a sweetcorn based meal.
S

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk

Anyway, we have discovered that some cobs have been infected by the fungus known as Huitlacoche and this is regarded as a delicacy of old.
Fried in butter I will say this is delicious and an addition to a sweetcorn based meal.
S

I'd never heard of it!

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks

S
Is that the same as corn smut? Noticed a few folk have seen that so far this year

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
You’re a brave man. I don’t normally turn my nose up at things before I’ve tried them but I think this is one I’d have to be in the right mood to give a go of.

Still a very expensive delicacy in some parts of the world!

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I have a compendium titled: The Essential Cuisines of Mexico by Diana Kennedy.
She suggests an alternative spelling: Cuiclacoche. Used for soups casseroles and quesadilla filling.
I guess it's like all the other fungi, the gourmet mushrooms that we might forage for, that we prize so highly.

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE