Home made stoves

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Great stuff

[video=youtube;scdb18Mp4ac]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scdb18Mp4ac&NR=1&featu re=endscreen[/video]

Ed Edwards

Dec 17, 2012
Kent/London
That's really interesting. It's also quite humbling to see those guys knock up some really well thought out and well constructed kit with so few tools. I'd like to see one of our highly educated Engineering Grads build that with the same equipment, in as little time!

Thanks for sharing :)

Claudiasboris

Life Member
Feb 8, 2009
Sheffield
Wow! Some fantastic stuff there; really inspirational and great tutorials. Quite humbling to consider that I haven't completely finished my Ikea hobo stove yet. Now where do I get of railway to use as an anvil?

Thanks for sharing! I subscribed to the channel but haven't looked at any of the other films. Anybody know if they're as good?

Claudiasboris

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
One of the chaps on the Classic Camp Stove forum posted the link. It is humbling to see how those stoves are made with so little tools or raw materials. UK elf and safety would have a conniption fit if they walked into a work shop here doing the same.

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
Well I'm certainly not having a go at it. Having hammered my thumbs to pieces over the years I'm now supposed to start smashing my toes as well?
No way man. Never. Not a chance. Nope.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I don't think anybody has said you must try this methodology Dave? I must have missed the bit where the chap smashed his toes too;)

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Amazing how confident they are with every strike, every cut. If you watch some of the guys just at the edge of shot they are barely watching what they do....
Then out pops a stove.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Enjoyed that thanks Richard

It made me realise how much unnecessary messing about I did with my PC stove bodgealong.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Nice one rik, these are skills which we have lost and i bet not one of them have a phd. To much today relies paperwork and not the hand skills to do the job.

Topknot

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Great stuff. Cool that he used his foot as an extra hand! :) That parrafin stoves looks like something that could be made with not to much hassle. Great work!

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Cheers Rik, nice to see a bit of propper back to basics cold metal bashing !!!

Just like "bushcraft" people making the best use of what they have, necessity truly is the mother of invention.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE