hi tec ion mask boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dozzer

Forager
Jun 24, 2010
dundee
Hi does anyone have any experience with these boots , i find the waterproofing very good on them but i have just scuffed a big deep scratch in the front going right up the side.

i was wondering will this affect the ion mask waterproofing? or will it be fine? if not suppose il have to break the wax out! :(

thanks for any reply's.

P

P2i_Ltd

Hi Dozzer,

Great to hear that you find the ion-mask™ water repellent technology so effective.

As ion-mask™ is molecularly bonded to the boots it means that if the surface material gets significantly scratched or damaged then the technology will also be effected. However, ion-mask™ will still be fully functional on the rest of the boots surface and is not compromised by every day wear and tear but if you remove the surface material (as in a deep scratch) then the technology in that area is removed with it. I hope that helps to answer your question?

If you would like to know more about ion-mask™ please visit: http://www.p2ilabs.com/technology_ion-mask.html

Thanks,

P2i

P

P2i_Ltd

Hi big_swede, thank you for the question. We are always looking to expand the use of our world leading liquid repellent nano-technology on new products and outer wear apparel is certainly an area that we are working on. We will keep you updated regarding developments.

Thanks,

P2i

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
I'd wondered about how easily the ion-mask coating is removed and how long it lasts. This answers the question to some extent. Basically a big scratch will remove the coating at that point.

Now I've seen videos on the Net of people spraying water on their new ion-mask boots to show how water repellent they are. However I rubbed some beeswax on my regular leather boots and amazingly the water just beads up and rolls off too. What I want to know is how they work after six months or a year of wading through mud and getting scratched and scraped.

It would seem, from what you say, that the ion-mask coating is durable enough to withstand normal scratches and scuffs but anything deep will compromise the protection. Still it would be interesting to see how users have fared.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE