Hi From Sunny South East Wales (OK - I Lied about the sunny bit...!)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

paul standley

Aug 9, 2010
south wales
Hi all,

I'm a member of other bushcrafting forums but new to Bushcraft UK...

I've been interested in bushcrafting, walking and camping for a couple of years, (born again...!) keen on doing it on a budget and prefer making or adapting kit, especially stoves and have a few related You Tube vids to my name.

Most recently I have got into Hammocking using my home made budget hammock and cheap tarp.

Glad to be onboard...

Paul.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Welcome to the Forum.

Any pics of your home made hammock, for us like minded cash strapped bushcrafters?

Liam

(I say a small prayer everyday that Offa's Dyke will actually keep the Welsh in, in revenge for Sennybridge weather :D)

paul standley

Aug 9, 2010
south wales
Welcome to the Forum.

Any pics of your home made hammock, for us like minded cash strapped bushcrafters?

Liam

(I say a small prayer everyday that Offa's Dyke will actually keep the Welsh in, in revenge for Sennybridge weather :D)

My home made "gathered ends" hammock is 10ft long, approx 48" wide, two fabric layers so mat can be slid between them. 6 metres ripstop nylon from ebay for £5.

Struggling to upload images currently, need to find out why it wont work so pics to follow...!

Paul

paul standley

Aug 9, 2010
south wales
My home made "gathered ends" hammock is 10ft long, approx 48" wide, two fabric layers so mat can be slid between them. 6 metres ripstop nylon from ebay for £5.

Struggling to upload images currently, need to find out why it wont work so pics to follow...!

Paul

OK, here's my DIY hammock...

IMAG0512 by browntroutfisherman, on Flickr

IMAG0514 by browntroutfisherman, on Flickr

ru7m6f.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE