Hi from Scotland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
Hi all

Just joined the forum today so thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm from Scotland, married with kids and a couple of hounds. I've been interested in bushcraft since I was a kid and spent a lot of time rough camping, building shelters and generally putting my health and welfare at risk in the hope of adventure.

Since the kids came along, I've had less time & opportunity but the interest has never waned. Now my kids are at an age where going camping without a tent is becoming a possibility again.

I've taken the time to learn some useful stuff in the meantime (like how to fish properly for starters) and have carried on with my usual outdoor passions like climbing, walking and camping.

Looking forward to joining in with the discussions and picking up a few tips (maybe even passing on a few, who knows)

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Welcome mannie. Pull up a log and join us around the virtual campfire!

There are a few of us up here in the North East in a similar position to yourself- hope to meet you at one of our meets sometime.

ATB

Stuart

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
Thanks for the warm welcome folks, been having a quick read and looks like a tremendous forum.

I'm on the southside of Glasgow, far enough from the city centre to be close to the green stuff but near enough to get a decent curry....

Didn't occur to me that there would be so many 'locals' on here - I was a member of a bushcraft forum many years back (can't remember the name of it for the life of me) but was mostly folk from the US.

Happy to pick up advice and helpful hints and generally enjoy the banter on the forum. Just in the process of in replacing some of my kit so very interested in the gear reviews in particular.

So, thanks again for the welcome and looking forward to joining in.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE