Hi from North Dakota

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

namerchanger

Oct 18, 2005
Hi,

I just recently found this site and have enjoyed the reading.

We are starting to freeze at night, so my outdoor season is starting. Cold weather is the only way to go; no bugs, no snakes. I had my fill of both as a Marine.

I hope to pick up some new ideas and techniques from many of you. In return, if I can offer anything from North Dakota, just let me know.

New ideas are especially welcome as I setting up a winter camp weekend for some of my university students. Some have been in the bush, some have not. It should be interesting.

If more people would spend time around campfires; the world would be a better place.

Tim

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Welcome to BCUK Tim, it’s good to have you. There’s a few people on here with Cold weather experience and you might be able to pick up something useful, it’s best to ask something specific though as we don’t have winters like you do so it’s probably not going to be common conversation around here.

Enjoy the forum :D

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Hi Tim.........Welcome, I was working up a ladder today and the sun was so warm it burnt me neck. Enjoy your cold season

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
If more people would spend time around campfires; the world would be a better place.

Tim[/QUOTE]

Fireside friends are the ONLY ones,
You'll fit in just fine, a big westcountry welcome.
Neil

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Tim Cruff said:
I hope to pick up some new ideas and techniques from many of you. In return, if I can offer anything from North Dakota, just let me know.

New ideas are especially welcome as I setting up a winter camp weekend for some of my university students. Some have been in the bush, some have not. It should be interesting.

Tim

You could offer me a free holiday to North Dakota! :lmao:

But seriously, big hello from me! :D

namerchanger

Oct 18, 2005
clipper said:
You could offer me a free holiday to North Dakota! :lmao:

But seriously, big hello from me! :D

Better be careful!! North Dakota is the only state in the nation with a decreasing population. Anyone new comes and we try to keep them. If someone likes hunting, fishing, or hiking; this place is great. If you like trees, mountains and warm weather, we don't have them most of the year. Our summers can be hot and humid, with mosquitoes the size of a fully armed Harrier. We do have some great state and federal parks with alot of flora and fauna.

Tim

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Tim Cruff said:
Better be careful!! North Dakota is the only state in the nation with a decreasing population. Anyone new comes and we try to keep them. If someone likes hunting, fishing, or hiking; this place is great. If you like trees, mountains and warm weather, we don't have them most of the year. Our summers can be hot and humid, with mosquitoes the size of a fully armed Harrier. We do have some great state and federal parks with alot of flora and fauna.

Tim

I reckon even North Dakota would get fed up with me :eek: :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE