Hi all, Blacksmith new member.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Peeledmouse

Jan 22, 2023
Lancashire
Hi all, new member hoping to learn some new skills and meet people of a like mind.
I’m a single dad and blacksmith primarily making axes and knives in the north of England. I particularly like making bushcraft knives, axes and anything else I can beat into shape that will be useful. Then of course playing, no I mean testing my equipment in the field.
My son and I enjoy days out walking and preparing food, camping, axe throwing, making fires and relaxing in nature.
Steve

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Hi Broch, I’m not quite sure where to post some axe and knife photos, could you give me some direction please. There are so many forums and sub posts.. thanks. Steve

Hi Steve. You can only put photos directly into your posts if you are a 'full' member (that's a paid up member).

Otherwise you will need to use a hosting site of some kind and insert links to your photos. Have a browse through here; you should find the answer you need:

Dec 29, 2022
East Suffolk
Hello, Steve. I found the website imgbb works fairly well. Upload an image, copy the BBcode and then paste it in as a URL using the little button above the text box (the one that resembles a paperclip, sort of).
'DIY and Traditional Crafts' is a good place to post a threat with your work on it.

Peeledmouse

Jan 22, 2023
Lancashire
Hi Steve. You can only put photos directly into your posts if you are a 'full' member (that's a paid up member).

Otherwise you will need to use a hosting site of some kind and insert links to your photos. Have a browse through here; you should find the answer you need:

Hi Broch, thanks for the reply, I’ve been having a search and just realised I need to be a full member. I’ll sort that tomorrow.
Cheers, Steve

Peeledmouse

Jan 22, 2023
Lancashire
Hello, Steve. I found the website imgbb works fairly well. Upload an image, copy the BBcode and then paste it in as a URL using the little button above the text box (the one that resembles a paperclip, sort of).
'DIY and Traditional Crafts' is a good place to post a threat with your work on it.
Hi William, thanks for that. I’ll just become a full member and upload from the iPad, I take so may for work I try and keep the pics on my iPad, one less thing to figure out. Cheers
Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE