Hi from Lancashire :)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 1, 2012
Darwen
Hi there from Darwen Lancashire my names Liam 21 years old been checking the forum out for abit and have become a fully fledged member and am looking forward to getting into bushcraft and gaining some skills to use for my camping trips. Have been interested in bushcraft for a while but never committed and will be starting to get a kit together if there's any recommendations of kit that will be very helpful and what sort of sleeping is best as i do like the idea of tarp and groundsheet as a sleeping arrangement any suggestions will be great thanks :)

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Hi Liam and welcome to the forum.
Asking about kit recomendations on here can sometimes leave you more confused than when you started.
There are so many bits of kit out there and what suits some wont suit others and everyone will tell you differently.

Find out when/where you will be camping. How you will be sleeping and in what (hammock/ground) what time of year and then try and narrow it down to your budget. There is some great gear out there at realistic prices and some that will just catch you out because others recomend it for there needs.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Welcome aboard Liam.

Just enjoy a few hours searching the site,there's plenty info and opinions to read about.
Still feel free to ask questions though,i think it's always good to keep bringing subjects to the fore.

Try and get to a meet,most folk will readily let you try e.g a hammock etc.

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
Welcome and enjoy.

As has been mentioned you would be best trying out different 'sleeping arrangments' to find which you believe would suit you best. At the ned of the day it's all down to personal preference.

The Ratcatcher

Apr 3, 2011
Manchester, UK
Hi, Liam and welcome to the forum.

If you come along to one of the Greater Manchester Bushcraft Group meets, you'll see all sorts of kit, from tarp/groundsheet to a tent set-up copied (loosely) from an old photo from the Yukon gold rush (mine!). Noobs are always welcome, and we don't bite.

Alan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE