HI from Keswick

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andynic

Forager
Jan 3, 2011
Keswick,cumbria
Hi sorry I know i have posted before but ever introduced myself. I live in the lakes in keswick perfect for bushcraft. I have recently been doing a bit of geocaching which took me back into the fells and slowly started wanting to learn more about my surrounding, Being a bit of a gear freek i went the edc tactical root as it seamed cool to learn about survival and the like but the more I began to look into gear I have slowly began to realise is its not what you have its how you apply it. I could have the coolest spyderco knife but know idea how to use it, Since the change i have stopped looking at expensive gear and started looking at knifes such as the mora range. I am slowly building up my kit and trying to keep the price down as it does mount up and trying to convince the wife I need more kit is getting harder. In her eyes a knife is a knife.

Any how my names Andy and pleased to meet you all.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
Hey Andy!,...

you're not alone with you problem ,..,..

i learnt that having my new purchases sent to my work adress saves having to justify them to the Mrs,....

hahaha

welcome to the forum mate!

Stu

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
Hey Andy - Nice to see you here.

I went to school in Keswick back in the 80's, still know quite a few of the alternative crowd there - at least the older ones ;)

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
Nice one I left in 92 so was there for some of the 80s suppose you were the when Gandi, Crow and frew AKA snowball were there.

Hehehehe - bringing back memories now. How about Bender? Used to rub himself off in Latin lessons. Scary what teachers could get away with in the 80's :yikes:

bushcraft4u

Jan 13, 2011
scarborough,Northyorks
Hi Andy and welcome. I love the lakes and have some great yearly trips there.usually around ambleside of late.mixing bushcraft with my love of photography.regarding kit i`ve come full circle as 10-15yrs ago spent a fortune on gear, were as now apart from good qualiy clothing and knife ,less is best.using as much natural resourse as my knowledge affords me.

R

roy1

Hi Andy I live in Penrith and agree the area is great for Bushcraft and as for gear there's no need to spend to much on gear as you say as there is lots of great kit that does the same job for less. Welcome

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE