Hi from Anlaby, East yorkshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 10, 2006
Hull
Hi all, im fairly new to bushcraft although i have flirted with certian bushcraft skills over the years, and the outdoor life has always appealed to me, i registered on this site a while ago with the intent to try learn new skills and spend as much spare time to get out there and have a go, unfortunatly this didnt happen but now i find myself with alot more spare time and i admit excited to get out in the woods and enjoy whats around us. i was wondering if anybody had local meets in the Hull/East yorkshire area and where would be the best woods/forest in my local area would be ok to go out and practice. Any help would be much appreciated.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Welcome to BcUK. Loads of great knowledgable folks on here who will be only too pleased to answer any question you may have.

Hathor

May 3, 2008
Prague
Greetings from a third (originally).

A bit out of area but I always thought that the shoreline at Robin Hood's Bay would be a great place to forage.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
welcome1.gif

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
Hi and Welcome Birdy, Im new here myself, Im not far from you, about 5 miles.

I'd say little Switz is ok for a good walk, Thats if you don't mind dodging the dog mess

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
hello and welcome, Im just down the road from you... if you want to go for a wander in the woods I highly reccomend Burton Bushes opposite the race course on Beverley Westwood. Lots of cramp balls to collect and huge amounts of other funghi and trees to practise your identification. The crab apples, blackbeerys and hawthorns are all ripe there so well worth a spot of foraging!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE