Hi from (an older) newbie

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Polestar

Tenderfoot
Oct 7, 2005
Lewes
Hi all. Thought it was time to introduce myself.
I'm now in my 50's and have been a huntin'/ fishin' /shooting man all of my life. In my 20's and 30's I spent a lot of time with a small group of friends rough-camping and 'living off the woods' at weekends, and even got a little involved in some 'survivalist' areas (the folly of youth!). I've always been into guns and knives as well as outdoor stuff, but am also a culture vulture - ballet, opera, music etc. .... so like to think of myself as quite balanced.
Over the past 10 years or so I have been less involved with outdoor activities (other than fly-fishing) ... so why the ressurgence of interest? My ten year old son's hero is RM, and having done some camping/training with Thomas from Trackways, he is now into bushcraft as well as shooting and everything associated therewith. It's great having him so enthusiastic about aspects of life that I've always enjoyed; and sharing them with him. I know that I've still got a lot to learn - and this seems like a good place to do it.
I work as a University Counsellor (Psychotherapist) down in sunny Brighton.
David
(Polestar ?... I like to think that you always know where you are with me!) :)

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Welcome Polestar. Sounds like you probably have lots of stories to share.

Great to hear your son is getting into bushcraft. As a bit of encouragement for him you could tell him that at Ray Mears' school, Woodlore, one of the current instructors is only 19 years old. He started on a junior fundamental course there when he was little older than your son, and now he teaches the skills.

Anyway hope you enjoy the forums.
:)

Razorstrop

Nomad
Oct 1, 2005
North West
Hi mate
Welcome to the wonderful world of BCUK
Not been here too long myself, but I've been made very welcome and a sure you will too.

Starstruck
Garry

Polestar

Tenderfoot
Oct 7, 2005
Lewes
Marts said:
Welcome Polestar. Sounds like you probably have lots of stories to share.
:)

A big thanks to all for the warm welcome - feels like 'home' already. Lots of stories? I guess so .... perhaps one day round a campfire, accompanied by a dram or two of Caol Isla (with just a dash of water) ... how come Whisky comes up on every forum I read? It's great to read some of the inspiring stuff here.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE