Hi all

Aug 9, 2010
Midlands
Hi

Ive been lurking for a while and Ive decided to uncloak and say hi

Im a joiner by trade but ive been flying a desk for the last 2 years and its had a terrible effect on my wastline and fitness.

I would like to get more physical and ive started tramping about in the leafy stuff with the dog, its a slow process bringing my fitness back to an acceptable level but im willing to make an effort and the dog isnt complaining. Springer spaniels never cease to amaze me with their stamina and im always the first to give in on the walks

I work in Rutland but live in Leicester, both have an abundance of nice scenic places to spend some time.

I have a love of the traditional crafts and it horrifies me at the rate knowledge is being lost. I intend to start a basic blacksmiths course when I get time.

Mad Terry Practhett fan hence the name hoping not to "cut me own throat" trying to carve spoons in the near future

Cheers

5.10leader

Welcome. There are some really talented members of this forum and so, with an interest in traditional crafts, I'm sure you will find it rewarding.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Hi Dibbler.

Welcome to a great forum.

You've gone from being a Wood butcher - sorry, Joiner - to sitting behind three or four planks nailed together?

Sounds like the tree's got their revenge! :D

Just do what you're doing - I got into this as a hobby by walking a new dog and breaking my leg in the same week - and you'll never look back.

All the best,

Liam

Aug 9, 2010
Midlands
Hi Dibbler.

Welcome to a great forum.

You've gone from being a Wood butcher - sorry, Joiner - to sitting behind three or four planks nailed together?

Sounds like the tree's got their revenge! :D

Just do what you're doing - I got into this as a hobby by walking a new dog and breaking my leg in the same week - and you'll never look back.

All the best,

Liam

Yeah ive turned into the boring sod wearing the tie I used to ignore when i was on the tools. Its alot warmer in the office though

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Im a joiner by trade
I intend to start a basic blacksmiths course when I get time.

Hi dude.

I was a Carpenter and Joiner myself then turned into a maths teacher (I blame the moon, mortgage and booze) :rolleyes:.
If you want a good cheap smithying starter course, you can't go far wrong with these ;) ; it's were I started (no affiliation etc just a very satisfied customer). It's in Kent but they have a lovely free place to camp :camping: and a fire pit to cook on :campfire:

http://www.bushcraft-magazine.co.uk/courses.php

This is the reason I went initially
COSTS FOR THE COURSES - £25 PER PERSON OR £50 FOR A FAMILY OF UP TO FIVE! :yikes:

Don't forget to look out for you local group excursions

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE