Hi all

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Geuf

Nomad
May 29, 2006
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
I wanted to take this oppertunity to introduce myself, as I am new to these forums.
My name is Geuf and I live in the Netherlands. 20 Y/o. I have always done outdoorisch things but I never gave it a name or did anything with it as a primary goal in my life. now 1 year ago I stopped doing what I did, because it didn't make me happy. I was doing a study 'Graphic design'. I stopped it afther 3 years and said to myself: you're going to take a year off and find out what it is you DO want to do. so a took a on a simple job and started doing what I want. after six months I found people who like similar things. being in the great outdoors doing stuff you don't normally do in your every day life. but most important: doing it with another pace than you would do in your everydaylife.I really liked it so I started reading things about survival, bushcraft, outdooractivities. I started doing things with survival, bushcraft and outdooractivities. in the past year, my kit has expanded dramaticly and still is expanding. in the Summer I have planned a trip with my girlfriend to Norway. starting in the south and working our way up to the north. with a lot of being in nature.
In the great search of information concerning living with nature I found this website with this forum and all the great information and people who sound like they want to share their experiences and knowledge. I started to snoop around for information purposes only and finally I deceided to join. because I might have some stuff to share two. so, finally: Hello All!

Last edited:

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Welcome to BCUK Goof!

Brave to make such a decission, and really think about what you really want to do in your and with life. Lots of people aren't happy with their situation, but due to (understandable) money / family commitments (wife, kids who need financial supporting) just don't do.
Mate, I take my hat of for you, realising this at your age and actually undertake action to prevent future unhappiness (dear God, I really sound old now).

I wish you a great summerholiday in Norway (keep us posted about your bushcrafty activities overthere with pics etc.), and look forward to your posts. Make yourself comfortable, join the conversations we have around our 'campfire' and if you come across any problems drop me a line and we'll sort it out.

All the best,
Johan

black_kissa

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2006
N/A
Ha Goof,

Welcome at BCUK. Hope to see you some time at the Dutch Bushcraftweekend! Have a great trip to Norway!

Live and Love,
Anneke

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE