HH Hex tarp dead ... Need new one ..Advice please

Stiks

Mar 21, 2006
N. Wales
Hi all,
A while since I've been here.
I spent a few nights out swinging about in very windy weather.
When I checked the wind side of the tarp all the PU coating was cracking and coming away.
Has anyone else suffered this problem with PU coated tarps?

Anyhow, I'm now after a good replacement. Don't fancy getting another HH Hex (which I had to add extra tying points to) because of this drastic failure. Only had it 3 years and used I guess 25 times.

I'm tinkering with the DD lightweight offering or possibly the Tatonka Tarp2 TC (heavy for back packing) or I might splash out on a Silnylon one but I do like a fire and I believe Silnylon is easily holed.

Any suggestions .. .. must be mega strong! Good with fire, 2.5 or 3.0 X 3.00 preferably around the 1kg mark or lighter and with plenty reinforced tabs for multiple set-up configurations.

I've searched some but nothing really strikes me as perfect for my needs so far.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Have you contacted Hennessy about your Hex ?

I can recommend the DD lightweight if you don't get any joy

Stiks

Mar 21, 2006
N. Wales
have a look on the other site at andywink's tarps, all i have read about them seems really positive with some good sizes too

Cheers! I'll see if I can get hold of him.

Have you contacted Hennessy about your Hex ?

I can recommend the DD lightweight if you don't get any joy

Though about getting in touch with HH, I might give that a go also.
I'll prob get another make so I don't have to add extra tying points.

Looked at the DD tarp, does look interesting but the stiching I've looked at on pics looks pretty basic. For the price it might be worth having a look.

I like the look of those TarpTents linked to on here and SOTP. They look heavy though.
Tatonka Tar2 TC is the most appealing so far, just wish I couldfind something similar but slightly lighter. .. If Andywink can supply TC in a slightly smaller size that would reduce weight some. Errrm ... must ask!:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE