hey there new to the site

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

courtney

Tenderfoot
Feb 21, 2011
near rugby
hi there
i found the site a few days ago i thought i should say hello.
my name is courtney (male) lol. i used to be in the army cadets as a teen and have allways been fascinated by the outdoors. around the age of 18 to 23 i didnt do as much bushcraft. but there on wards was out foor walks in the dingy on the canal and what not, but have been wanting to get into to more bush crafty stuff as i was allways very basic at it. i am currently organising a fundraisner for the warwickshire and northamptonshire air ambulance which cover alot of counties now too. me and my mate are going to follow the oxford canal from brausnton where he live all the way to oxford and back aprox 110-130 miles. the planning is going well so far jus struggling on the light weight kit side lol but getting there. im hoping to learn a few things like spoon making but with just the use of a pen knife as cant afford any thing else for it. and other wood creative making whike sat for a brew/ camped up for the night. gota alot of wlaking to do b4 we go to get my self used to it. look forward to chatting with you all and learning as i go. and hopefully as money permits see if there are any local meet ups ..
well there is my longer than expected hello
hope to speak to you all

courtney

gordonmac

Nomad
Oct 15, 2009
Caithness, Scotland
gordonmac.com
Hey Courtney,

Welcome to the forum! That sounds like a great adventure you're embarking on. I bet there's some really nice scenery along that canal. I'm from the Scottish Highlands, and the English countryside always looks beautiful to me - so does the Scottish countryside - it's just different :)

I'm pretty serious about lightweight kit, so if I can help at all just gimme a shout :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE