Herts/North London meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Hi Mesquite

Could you add me to the reserve list please. Don't know if I'll be able to make the meet in September as I'm planning a trip to Scotland around about the same dates.

But if I can register my interest, and I'll keep an eye out for future meets.

ATB

Stewart

No probs Stewart.

For anyone else wishing to go on the reserve list just cut and paste the current list into a new post and add your name to the bottom.

Mesquite tarp & bivi
Dave 1942 + 1
C_Claycomb
benp1
Pang
Ratpac + 1

Reserve's:
AndyW
Richie O
Mick Miller
Mittenz + 1
Red Kite

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Good news!!!

I've got approval from the landowner for us to use the woods for a meet and even better news is he's not too fussed with numbers attending. So those that were on the reserve list are able to come along as well :)

I'll keep the list closed as we've 14 who expressed interest originally and anyone else who would like to go on a new reserve list please shout out. Those of you who are on the main list please can you confirm you're able to come along and I'll alter the main list. The weekend will be from 3:00pm Friday 19th September until 3pm Sunday 21st September. Once I've got confirmations from all those that wish to come along I'll PM you exact details of location etc. If you don't confirm by the 9th September I'll offer your space up to the first person on the reserve list.

The wood is in the Watford/Rickmansworth area and is approximately 14 acres of primarily larch plantation interspersed with various decidious trees. It's about 10-15 minutes from the M25 as well. There's plenty of suitable trees for the hammock dwellers, also, there's plenty of fallen wood and loads of flint free for collection. There's several nice river walks nearby as well if you fancy going for a bimble.

EDIT: I forgot to add that there are absolutely NO facilities at the woods. Please make sure you bring enough water with you and I'll try and sort out a latrine pit

CONFIRMED LIST
Mesquite + 1 Friday and Saturday
benp1 Friday and Saturday
Ratpac + 1 Saturday night only.
Mittenz + 1 Friday and Saturday
Red Kite Friday and Saturday
BarryASmith Friday and Saturday
C_Claycomb Friday and Saturday
Dave 1942 + 1 Saturday night only
Mick Miller Saturday night only
SKI + 1 Friday and Saturday
Richie O Friday and Saturday

NOTE:
Can you please indicate when you confirm if you're staying for one or two nights. If it's only 1 please say which it will be, either the Friday or the Saturday. It's just that there is a fair bit of interest and if you're staying just one night another person could take the other night

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
great work, thanks mate. i'm definitely in!

is there a fee for staying etc?

No fees, but I'll probably take a small donation off of everyone to buy the landowner a bottle of something nice for letting us stay.

EDIT: Also the contribution will go towards covering the cost of me having to get a combination lock for the entrance gate. That will save me having to drive the half mile or so to open up each time someone arrives :D

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Hi Mesquite if it's ok can you stick me plus 1 on your reserve

regards Ski

No Probs at all :)

Just to note folks, those of you that have to indicate you're wanting to come along can you also state if you're staying for 1 or 2 nights. If it's just the one night please say which night it will be so I can offer the other night up to another person.

rat pac

Sep 8, 2007
Kingston Surrey
sorry mate we will only be staying on the saturday so if anyone wants to go on friday!!!!!!
but what time can we get there on saturday
regards simon aka
ratpac

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I forgot to add that there are absolutely NO facilities at the woods.

Please make sure you bring enough water with you for the weekend and I'll try and sort out a latrine pit. Might be a bit basic but we'll have somewhere to go at least

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Good news!!!

I've got approval from the landowner for us to use the woods for a meet and even better news is he's not too fussed with numbers attending. So those that were on the reserve list are able to come along as well :)

I'll keep the list closed as we've 14 who expressed interest originally and anyone else who would like to go on a new reserve list please shout out. Those of you who are on the main list please can you confirm you're able to come along and I'll alter the main list. The weekend will be from 3:00pm Friday 19th September until 3pm Sunday 21st September. Once I've got confirmations from all those that wish to come along I'll PM you exact details of location etc. If you don't confirm by the 9th September I'll offer your space up to the first person on the reserve list.

The wood is in the Watford/Rickmansworth area and is approximately 14 acres of primarily larch plantation interspersed with various decidious trees. It's about 10-15 minutes from the M25 as well. There's plenty of suitable trees for the hammock dwellers, also, there's plenty of fallen wood and loads of flint free for collection. There's several nice river walks nearby as well if you fancy going for a bimble.

EDIT: I forgot to add that there are absolutely NO facilities at the woods. Please make sure you bring enough water with you and I'll try and sort out a latrine pit

CONFIRMED LIST
Mesquite Friday and Saturday
Dave 1942 + 1 Saturday night only.
Mick Miller Saturday night only.
SKI + 1 Friday night

NOTE:
Can you please indicate when you confirm if you're staying for one or two nights. If it's only 1 please say which it will be, either the Friday or the Saturday. It's just that there is a fair bit of interest and if you're staying just one night another person could take the other night

If your name is in red you have yet to confirm you'll be coming along

AndyW
Richie O

Reserve

Just a bump to remind those folks who haven't confirmed as of yet if they're going to come along to let me know.

The other thing is do we want to have a social group meal on the Saturday night? What do people think about that and if you would like to have a group meal what are we going to cook?

Also, a couple of folks have kindly volunteered to do a couple demos if people would like this. Things offered are bird traps, cordage, shelter building (though there isn't that much suitable leaf litter laying around in the wood) and a couple other bits and bobs. Is there anything particular that people might like to do while we're in the woods? If there is speak up and we'll see if one of the others attending might be able to help out. :)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Just wanted to let anyone who might be interested that there's 4 spaces going spare on the Friday night.

I've offered 2 to Ski as he's already on the waiting list but if you'd like to join us for a night then please say so and I'll add your name to the list

There may be more spaces (Saturdays included) once I've heard back from the people who are yet to confirm.

Good news!!!

CONFIRMED LIST
SKI + 1 Friday night

NOTE:

If your name is in red you have yet to confirm you'll be coming along
AndyW
Richie O

Reserve

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
Thanks again for arranging all this Steve, I'm very much looking forward to seeing you all there. At the moment I'm in complex marital logistical discussions to see if I can swap stuff round and make Friday too..I'll let you know of course and if its already gone its gone!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Just a bump for this meet.

I think I've sent out location and other info to everyone coming but if I've missed anyone out please PM me and I'll send them to you.

CONFIRMED LIST
SKI + 1 Friday and Saturday
Richie O Friday and Saturday

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE