Herts/North London meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I'm in discussions with the landowner of the wood where I go to see if he'd mind having a group of people have a meet there occasionally. He wants to have a rough idea of likely numbers before he says yes or no. So this is just a general query to gauge interest from people.

The wood is in the Watford/Rickmansworth area and is approximately 14 acres of primarily of larch interspersed with various decidious trees. Plenty of suitable trees for the hammock dwellers as well There's plenty of fallen wood and loads of flint free for collecion.

Likely to be w/end of 19/20 September as that's when the little wifey is away so I can do what I like that weekend :D

So would anyone be inerested in joining me for a couple nights out?

dave1942

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 15, 2005
Hemel Hempstead
Certainly interested, if you can tolerate a crusty old git of 60+ (young at heart though). I also have a friend who is very much into bushcraft (he is a lot younger than me) who would also be interested if there was space.

Dave

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Certainly interested, if you can tolerate a crusty old git of 60+ (young at heart though). I also have a friend who is very much into bushcraft (he is a lot younger than me) who would also be interested if there was space.

Dave

Oh I'm sure we can tolerate some crusty old git :D. As for your friend by all means.

Wow, how did I miss spotting you guys till now :11doh: :lmao:

Yeah, I would be definitely be interested.

Have you had an eyesight test lately? If not that might explain it ;) LOL

I wonder how many more HH people there are on here and if they'll want to come along as well?

As for how many I don't want to swamp him with loads so maybe no more than 7 or 8 plus myself.

List as follows (just so I know):
Mesquite tarp & bivi
Dave 1942 + 1
C_Claycomb

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
only just up the road from me so i'm in, cheers

Mesquite tarp & bivi
Dave 1942 + 1
C_Claycomb
benp1

Pang

Forager
Sep 8, 2007
london
Fellow southerners bushcrafting, i'm definately in. Havent found any londoner's interested in BC

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Mesquite tarp & bivi
Dave 1942 + 1
C_Claycomb
benp1
Pang

That's 5 names (not 6 as I orginally said) down plus myself so there's room for 3 more. Do remember though that I'm still in discussions but it's looking pretty good. :) I should know within a couple of weeks for sure.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
mate if you have space i would love to join you
regards to all
Simon aka
rat pac
ps if you have room my mate would love to come

By all means

Mesquite tarp & bivi
Dave 1942 + 1
C_Claycomb
benp1
Pang
Ratpac + 1

The list is open for one more person if anyone would like to join us.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I'd love to come along if there's still room.

The list is now closed for the moment now that Glen has snapped up the last space.

If the landowner is amenable to more attending I'll let people know the list is open once more. Alternatively if you're interested and would like to join a reserve list please say so.

Mesquite tarp & bivi
Dave 1942 + 1
C_Claycomb
benp1
Pang
Ratpac + 1
Glen

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
The list is now closed for the moment now that Glen has snapped up the last space.

If the landowner is amenable to more attending I'll let people know the list is open once more. Alternatively if you're interested and would like to join a reserve list please say so.

Mesquite tarp & bivi
Dave 1942 + 1
C_Claycomb
benp1
Pang
Ratpac + 1
Glen

Can I go down as a reserve please?

Cheers,

Andy

LOL beat me to it.

Mesquite tarp & bivi
Dave 1942 + 1
C_Claycomb
benp1
Pang
Ratpac + 1

Reserve's:
AndyW

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Can you stick me down as a reserve as well please!! Cheers

No probs at all :)

Mesquite tarp & bivi
Dave 1942 + 1
C_Claycomb
benp1
Pang
Ratpac + 1

Reserve's:
AndyW
Richie O

Just to let people know what's happening, I'm waiting for the landowner to get back from holiday. Once he's back I'll speak to him again and let people know what he says.

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
If possible please add me to the reserve list too, it'd be nice to meet some like minded folk locally. Understand if the list looks like it going to grow too much.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
If possible please add me to the reserve list too, it'd be nice to meet some like minded folk locally. Understand if the list looks like it going to grow too much.

No probs Mick. If the reserve list gets much larger and the landowner doesn't want too big a group what I may do is see if I can't arrange another weekend and those on the reserve with go to the top of the list for that meet.

Mesquite tarp & bivi
Dave 1942 + 1
C_Claycomb
benp1
Pang
Ratpac + 1

Reserve's:
AndyW
Richie O
Mick Miller

Red Kite

Nomad
Oct 2, 2006
London UK
Hi Mesquite

Could you add me to the reserve list please. Don't know if I'll be able to make the meet in September as I'm planning a trip to Scotland around about the same dates.

But if I can register my interest, and I'll keep an eye out for future meets.

ATB

Stewart

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE